FTP WOES

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
Sorry Guys for starting a new topic, but the search couldn't help me.

1. Which FTP Browser to use??
2. How to use them??

I'm on dial-up, how long does it take to download files from FTP??

digen

Youngling
You mean ftp client software right?
Well there are quite a few.I prefer smartftp & flashfxp.
Just download them read the documentation accompanying it.
Your last question is as absurd as it gets.Depends on what the file size,connection,the server bandwidth.

swatkat

Technomancer
hey..hows this FTP Client, called ftpexplorer, has Windows Explorer like interface.....
*www.ftpx.com/

Shikhar

Journeyman
I use Flash Get to download files from FTP server. For browsing through the folders I use "Site Explorer" of flashget which can be started by going to tools and clicking on Site Explorer.

hack expert

In the zone
wll cant u see guys our friend here has dial up n it can be very problematic well my suggestion is dat u use not ftp client but
programs like flashget or leechget which can do very well as suggested by shikar

OP
H

hsnayvid

Journeyman
i tried coolFTP, SmartFTP, but couldn't use them properly.

I will try to use flashget as I have used it before.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
mmm for FTP clients you should try CuteFTp Pro... its very very user friendly.... and has a good interface... smart FTP is a bit faster but its interface is not quite good... otherwise i found gftp to the the best... but u need to use gnome for gftp :p

foreveranuj

Broken In
use IE instead!

Solution
There are several tweaks that you can make to Internet Explorer that will make it more FTP-friendly.

First, you can to setup IE so that it can browse FTP directories like they are folders in Windows Explorer:

Click Tools | Internet Options
Click the Advanced tab
Under Browsing, check the box "Enable folder view for FTP sites"

Next, if you are on a computer that is behind a firewall, you will need to set up IE to use passive FTP:

Click Tools | Internet Options
Click the Advanced tab
At the bottom of Browsing, check the box "Use Passive FTP"
If you need to upload files to an FTP folder, then you need to use a special URL in the following format:

ftp://username@ftp.domain.com/directory/

This will result in the user being prompted for a password. Once the password is supplied, then a directory comes up and files can be dragged and dropped to and from the FTP window.

Anuj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom