Broken In
Well ,I am going to buy the following configuration:
Intel core i3 540
Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
4 gb kingston 1333mhz
and a HD 5870 or something in that price range in next 6 months
I'm a bit confused at PSU,pls suggest me which one to go for
FSP blue storm 500 or Corsair VX450

don't go for i3-540. its a previous gen dual core.

Athlon II X4 635
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Corsair Value 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz
Corsair VX450

do you know the price of 5870? its about the same or more expensive than a GTX 570.
go for Asus GTX 570 Direct CU II if you are having around 20k budget.

Last edited:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
The configuration is very unbalanced. i3 540 i an old dual core that will bottleneck the HD 5870 which is also a previous generation graphics card. If you want to buy the configuration in 6 months, then bump this thread a month or two weeks before buying.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
First of all if Op really wants HD 5870 or GTX 570 he shouldn't go for anything less than Corsair VX550. And anyway his purchase is months away and he hasn't filled the PC build questionnaire template. Also, by the time he purchases, Llano will be released.

OP
G

gold

Broken In
no,I'm going to buy this config. next week,but will add GPU later on in next months.Sorry,I put it the wrong way.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
@gold
Then please fill the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

OP
G

gold

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Watching HD movies,Gaming like NFS,COD,Crysis,etc

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:30k max

4. Planning to overclock?
A:no

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1 TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:1080p

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:no

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:next week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:GPU,Speakers and UPS

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:New Delhi

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:I have chosen one config. on my own:
Intel i3 540
Gigabyte GA-H55m-UD2H
Dell ST2220L
Cabinet (suggest a good one)
Ram 4 GB
And m bit confused about the power supply which one to go for:
FSP blue storm 500 or corsair vx 450 as I m goin to get a GPU in next 6 months but I cant decide now,I might be getting something in 10 k budget at that time.So, suggest em a good psu for that.

Top Bottom