FS:new Seagate 750GB SATA 16MB HDD-ST3750640AS

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

gurubhai

Broken In
ur above posts does not mean that u sold 4 that price only.u may hav sold 4 less or more also
no sir, I assure u that I did not indulge in any back room dealings.
I offered rs. 8000 + shipping and he agreed. That was it.:D
Has it offended you in anyway?:confused:

nithinmohantk

Hostage Negotiator
why are you selling this?
and 9k ? I can buy three WD Calviar 320 GB discs and connect them in raid configuration instead of that.
I get better performance and capacity(nearly 1TB)
Concider revising price.

You could connect three WD Calviar 320 discs in RAID configuration. But you won't get enough storage as much a single 750 GB gives when u connect in RAID mode.. You will get only 320GB only, if you connect in RAID config with WD Calviar 320 discs.. All the Three disk will make a copy of same data(Th's What it is called RAID). In case one disk is down.. the others will have back up copy of data..

I think you are pretty much confused abt RAID.. U will never get capacity(nearly 1TB), if u connect three WD Calviar 320 GB in RAID mode..

utsav

damn busy...
Even Though how it will become around 1TB.. So What he told is wrong na..

IF he kept two in RAID 0 and one separate.. it will have 640GB only.. not 1TB..

u know nothing abt raid and u r pointing fingers over others .by connecting 2 hdd in raid 0 he wii get 640GB space and add the other separate 320gb hdd .it becomes 960GB then. Got it?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Raid 0 is not the mirror mode.its for performance increase.u will have 960gb in that case
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

nithinmohantk

Hostage Negotiator

He is talking abt 2 hdd in raid 0 and one hdd separate 4 the os

u know nothing abt raid and u r pointing fingers over others .by connecting 2 hdd in raid 0 he wii get 640GB space and add the other separate 320gb hdd .it becomes 960GB then. Got it?

BOSS... It's true that i made a wrong statement about 640GB.. But, Don't beat around the bush.. I'm surprised that you know that I don't know about RAID(since you are a mind reader or u know Tellipathy).. But it's not Actual RAID, and not fault tollerent.. In case one HDD is down. everything is lost...

I have been in different organizations setting up RAID configurations and servers(I'm surprised that you know that I don't know about RAID(since you are a mind reader or u know Tellipathy))...

Hope this would give u more information..

RAID 0 implements a striped disk array, the data is broken down into blocks and each block is written to a separate disk drive

I/O performance is greatly improved by spreading the I/O load across many channels and drives

Best performance is achieved when data is striped across multiple controllers with only one drive per controller

No parity calculation overhead is involved

Very simple design
Easy to implement

DISADVANTAGES

Not a "True" RAID because it is NOT fault-tolerant

The failure of just one drive will result in all data in an array being lost
Should never be used in mission critical environments
*www.acnc.com/img/shared/dot_clear.gif

Not a "True" RAID because it is NOT fault-tolerant

The failure of just one drive will result in all data in an array being lost
Should never be used in mission critical environments
*www.acnc.com/img/shared/dot_clear.gif

LET US STOP THIS DISCUSSION

When we clap both hands only we will hear voice.. So i'm taking my hand back..

I just noticed about a mistake written there.. This seems to be be getting like an argument..

Insulting each other.. It's not good.. Our Typical indian behaviour..

I bought the HDD from GuruBhai and i think it's reasonable price..

Also i'm satisfied with SEAGATE performance.. With my experience seagate is always good.. I'm already having a Seagate 80 GB(used only for torrent downloads, continuously running 24x7, if it's Western Digital u will never know when it will go down).. and two 250 GB SATA 3G's.. It's been good to be with Seagate.. Perfectly running..

You may get a Western Digital Carivar 750 GB for 8500/-.. even though i'm not ready for that try.. Because I prefer to use what i'm satified and experienced with..

Thanks.. GuruBhai, UTSAV and all other nice persons participated in this..

CHEERS

NITHIN
MySYSTEM *dreamworksindia.no-ip.org

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom