from whom to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshagarwal

Journeyman
I wanted to know that is it better to purchase a product from the distributor itself or from the retailer.
coz i want to purchase a new pc and is extremely confused from whom to buy plz help me out

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well don't get all that confused mate.....if u choose to buy from a retailer its much more convinient cause they can provide stuff readily and yeah at cheaper deals as well cause they get it in bulk anyways.....as for a distributor well its upto u entirely but they dont offer u much of a variety of products.....so think wisely and choose with the help of a friend who has adequate knowledge of Pc's Components.....and if u want to choose the parts for urself u know where to go (If in Mumbai) Lamington Road :D .....or choose a local pc Assembler....and yea do let us know abt the config to if u wanna know if its a fair deal or not mate.....so the happy buying :D

vinaypatel

Journeyman
IF U HAVE ANY FRIEND SELLING P.C THEN WHAT EVER SELECT HIM
OTHER WISE SELECT RETAILER
OF CITIES WHICH IS COMMING UNDER RULER AREA BECAUSE THERE IS 3.975% LESS TAXES AND 3.5% LESS EXTRA TEXES THEN
MEGA CITIES AND OTHER CITY
THINK WELL TO SELECT CITY THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!
OR SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS ON patelvinay_visnagar@rediffmail.com
I WILL SEND U ALL INFORMATION

theraven

Technomancer
what are the 2 of u doing ? advertising urselves ???
plz post all relevant information here so as everyoen has a common place of interest and can be referred to at a later time

@harsh ... dude just go for whoever gives u warranty ... and most of the vendors even assemble it for u ...
pay 1k extra and u also get after sales service

if ur from mumbai and anywhere near andheri .. theres a shop near the station .. or rather 10 min. further.. i trust the guy ...
for lamington road i suggest u be a more experienced buyer ;)

tuxfan

Technomancer
I would suggest a retailer. He is there to do what you want get done - sell it to the end user and provide some after sales service. If you go to a distributor, after sales service could be a problem. But a distributor could give you more discounts because a middle man's (retailer's) margin are not there. Don't expect any after sales service from a distributor.

But I would suggest you go for an assembled PC rather than a branded one. Costs are different and it is easier to have a custom configuration. You can take a search here or participate in some ongoing thread for the right config.

If you are in Mumbai, you can contact me by a PM. I will give you numbers of a few assemblers. Speak to them, take a quote and go with the best of them. Best means not only price wise but also service and realibility wise. I recommend based on my experience, but then you take your final pick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom