From the Editor's Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Sir,
1)Please make the Digit books quality of paper better.
2)Put only the important points required,Dont stuff the info into the magazine.
3)When ever i read Digit,I just feel you'll write excess.Make the font better.
4)Change the format and design.
thanks

Ryu

Right off the assembly line
I have a few suggestions about DVD content
1)Plz Provide more HD game trailers.
2)And if possible video review of the games like the one from gametrailers but made by you guys.
3)And also videos of different PC related stuff like assembling a PC,or overclocking or similar videos DIY videos like u used to show on digit TV.
4)More TED videos and I feel HD movie videos are a waste of space since most of the movie trailers that is given aren't even released here.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
The Digit june edition details have been published on Digit facebook page but no thread has been made on TDF. Please make the thread regarding June edition....

anon232

Broken In
Re: ThinkDigit Forum - bugs, suggestions etc.

for goodness sake pls provide all the weblinks in a magazin in one single weblink
such as tinypaste

How many times have u tries to actaully type a link into the browser??
now try typing all the links in a browser and see how dat feels:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-?:-?:-?:-?:mrgreen::mrgreen:

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
sir,
i've sent an email about the previous issue.(july)
no reply about it whatsoever.
i need to know if its reaching you, or just being spammed.
yours sincerely,
amruth kiran

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Agree with the suggestions made since my last post, will try and implement them. COD is an option, write to help@thinkdigit and they will guide you. I'll look into the links. I was on leave, and when I came back I was busy with forum upgrading, and a million other things. I'll try and respond quicker in the future, my apologies.

staticsid

Team Digit
A bit of feedback from my side. Although I could have posted directly on th feedback thread but wanted to post it here.
1) The cover story by Siddharth Parwatay is one the best articles I have read for a long ling time. All the sub headings were very very well explained and written. There was a touch of everything it seems. Hacktivism, attention seekers, etc. Literally just about everything. Ok the map of the world was a bit confusion but yes it was good. Overall just an amazing article.

Wow thanks a lot TechFreak ! You made my day :)

Sorry for the late reply , but I just saw it...

Flash

Lost in speed
Its a thing that i noticed, when i read DIGIT magazine.
Shortened URLS are really a good alternative for long hyperlinks. It reduces space and also easy to accessible.

But, sometimes i confused with the hyperlinks that has O(capital O) or 0 (Zero) in the shortened urls for the digit articles.
Since shortened urls are case-specific, the result is - PAGE NOT FOUND.
I've to experiment with O's and 0's to actually get the desired topic.

My suggestion is to use some different font or different zero (slashed/dotted) that can differentiate between Capital O's and 0's.

Anyone had the same problem or its just me?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I think that's a fair complaint.

Also, I wanted to prebook October 2012 edition. But the text in red don't let me do that. I am worried.

*i.imgur.com/9dmzL.jpg

I tried Opera, Firefox and Chromium. Getting this message across each one of them. Can it be resolved by tomorrow?

Update: Ok. So despite my apprehension, I went through with the pre order on Firefox. And transaction went smoothly.

I would just like to point out here to the person concerned, that despite the fact that I was billed Rs 169 (the offer price for Oct 2012 edition), I got a confirmation mail that I was billed Rs 150. And that was repeated in the mail from thinkdigit.com too.
Not a big deal, but a point worth looking into.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Have you guys stopped posting and seeking previews and feedback of of magazine?
no november thread and december threads.

Have you guys stopped posting and seeking previews and feedback of of magazine?
no november thread and december threads.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I am really disappointed with the Digit December 2012 issue.

No feedback thread yet? Waiting for one to come to up to post feedback.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
For the simple reason of the lack of a feedback thread for December 2012 issue I'm forced to post here. To begin with I'm hugely disappointed this month. I found the magazine fundamentally lacking (sorry to say that although I am a huge fan)
Here are a few things I complain of-

1. In page 116, you guys in quite a normal tone asked us to p*** on Steve Jobs grave if our "heart so desires"
IMO such immature troll comic type language is not unacceptable from a magazine of your stature. Just because he created Apple which doesn't do things that always pleases the geek world doesn't mean you will ask people to do such things. A guy who has done so much for the tech world gets disrespected like this by the most read Technology magazine in India? It's unacceptable
No I'm not a fanboy.

2. Some really bad glaring errors like, in pg.90 in the Encyclopedia Technica you guys wrote Eric Schmidt was born on 27 April 1995.

3. Also the cover story felt like reading a comic of some sorts. In the story "9 ways earth could reach doomsday" was there really the need of things like "Zombie Apocalypse"?
Also things like Polar ice dissipation don't happen overnight.

4. Game reviews by your magazine look like a joke. Seriously, the Hitman Absolution review was too short and lacked IMO.
It was a 400 word article(I counted) and hardly spoke how the game actually is. The article gave only a brief idea. I could find no info about the storyline and only one sentence about the sentence was written. No mention of recoil, etc

The Assassins Creed III review and Halo 4 reviews felt somewhat better. They atleast touched in brief about various aspects of the game.

5. Also I find you guys biased against Apple. Something being Apple means it's overpriced and substandard. Why so much criticism against Apple entering the smaller sized tablet category? Steve Jobs might have said 7 inch is too small but market scenarios do change over time (it's 2 years since he said it in 2010)
Merely saying "We gave iPad the best tablet Zero-1 award" is NOT a good enough clarification against the prejudice you have developed against them.

I hope I haven't hurt anyone's sentiments with this post. I am a big fan and a well wisher of your magazine. Shall always remain one :)

Last edited:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
^^ Agreed. I didn't renew my digit subscription when it ended a few months back. The only reason I bought the December's edition was because it was a collector's one and I wanted the encyclopedia technica. While the FT was decent I have to say I was disappointed by the content of the magazine. Things as fictional as zombie attacks should be kept as side stories, not a major part of cover stories. I prefer more quality, TECHNOLOGY "articles".

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Used to Buy digit occasionally. Stopped doing it after the Pathetic Anniversary edition full of Advertisements. Another Special issue turns out to be pathetic, apparently. Why do you charge the extra bucks, huh?

toofan

Technomancer
For the simple reason of the lack of a feedback thread for December 2012 issue I'm forced to post year. To begin with I'm hugely disappointed this month. I found the magazine fundamentally lacking (sorry to say that although I am a huge fan)
Here are a few things I complain of-

1. In page 116, you guys in quite a normal tone asked us to p*** on Steve Jobs grave if our "heart so desires"
IMO such immature troll comic type language is not unacceptable from a magazine of your stature. Just because he created Apple which doesn't do things that always pleases the geek world doesn't mean you will ask people to do such things. A guy who has done so much for the tech world gets disrespected like this by the most read Technology magazine in India? It's unacceptable
No I'm not a fanboy.

2. Some really bad glaring errors like, in pg.90 in the Encyclopedia Technica you guys wrote Eric Schmidt was born on 27 April 1995.

3. Also the cover story felt like reading a comic of some sorts. In the story "9 ways earth could reach doomsday" was there really the need of things like "Zombie Apocalypse"?
Also things like Polar ice dissipation don't happen overnight.

4. Game reviews by your magazine look like a joke. Seriously, the Hitman Absolution review was too short and lacked IMO.
It was a 400 word article(I counted) and hardly spoke how the game actually is. The article gave only a brief idea. I could find no info about the storyline and only one sentence about the sentence was written. No mention of recoil, etc

The Assassins Creed III review and Halo 4 reviews felt somewhat better. They atleast touched in brief about various aspects of the game.

5. Also I find you guys biased against Apple. Something being Apple means it's overpriced and substandard. Why so much criticism against Apple entering the smaller sized tablet category? Steve Jobs might have said 7 inch is too small but market scenarios do change over time (it's 2 years since he said it in 2010)
Merely saying "We gave iPad the best tablet Zero-1 award" is NOT a good enough clarification against the prejudice you have developed against them.

I hope I haven't hurt anyone's sentiments with this post. I am a big fan and a well wisher of your magazine. Shall always remain one :)

Ok Got the answer why they stopped the feedback threads. :(

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Sir, I didn't get my january issue yet. I have already tried contacting customer care, but they only say that it was delivered.

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Hi Raabo,

I've been a Digit reader for over 6 years now and this is the first time I'm writing with feedback to you since this issue is likely to force me to not renew my subscription.

I've seen numerous typos in Digit in the last 2-3 months - seems like nobody cares to read the articles before sending it out to publishing. In Dec issue, I thought it was a one-off bad month but this has continued to happen in Jan edition as well. Feb edition was worst of all.

I can't imagine so many typos in a college magazine let alone one that is sold in market and claims to be no.1 magazine of India.

Apart from these typos, there were 10-15 pages missing in my Dec copy and one DVD was missing as well (there were 2 copies of Extraa DVD and third one was Alpha). I did not bother to write to helpdesk since those pages did not excite me much (Zero 1 awards). I thought I can excuse you guys this one time but 2 months down the line, I'm pissed big time due to other issue.

Request you to check why such errors get through to printing and address the issue.

Excuse me for being rude but I certainly will stop my subscription if one more half-baked edition comes through to me. I'll never complain of bad articles since such opinions will vary from person to person but typos are such a turn-off. Send me my copy a month late but do quality check at your end please. Hope you understand my concern.

If I'm able to find some time, I'll retrace and pinpoint these typos. However, I'm sure you would already be aware of the issue.

Thanks.

Edit: have put this on suggestion box thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom