From the Editor's Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Chked it buddy on my Win 7 64 home pc, the error you get is because your home pc does not have 2.66 version of the extension. That error was resolved in th 2.65 version. you can try uninstalling the extension entirely and then installing the new one, instead of update if there is a issue.

hope this helps.

And this sure did work. Thanks a million. My favorite forum is back again. That annoying modal nag is gone. For some reason I had the auto updates option -- for add ons disabled. All good now. Thanks...!

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Not being able to change Avatar. Says, cannot save image. Am trying on a 28.0 K file..?

Me too!!!!!!!

And please if possible post the Next Clue about CTC early around 7 AM because my college is from 8 am. Please Please Please. Just Requesting.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey, I was off for a week because I was out of station. Coming back I see TDF completely changed. Its amazing. Many bugs have been compromised. Thanks a lot raaboo. Please increase the width to 100%.

quan chi

mortal kombat
but still sometime the database error pops up.though it has decreased significantly as compared to the previous issues.the forum also have improved a bit.but if you reduce that database error it will become more better.:D
keep up the good work.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The forum still lags a LOT.

Takes a lot of time to open up threads and I still get Database error a few times in the day. But it gets okay in 1-2 minutes.

Time to change the host IMHO.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Last night's Database error was irritating. :/ It lasted quite long.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
database issue is server side problem. The forum script itself has so many problems.
I think admin need to clean everything from forum.

1) Disable and uninstall all plugins.
2) Use Krish theme with all default files. No modified header or footer.
3) Just replace logo.

Run the forum for 2-3 days. If the forum runs smoothly, admin should modify header, footer and add ads.

Prefer keeping forum clean, light. Prefer using least plugins.
Just my 2 cent :|

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
I think admin need to clean everything from forum.

clean the 15000-something posts and now legendary football channel? :( :p

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

^ Last night's Database error was irritating. :/ It lasted quite long.

agree,and with my dloads goin on at full speed,posting each time took ages :D

XTerminator

imo the current forum layout is excellent in terms of cleanliness and organisation as compared to other forums,which look relatively stale and unorganised.i only feel that something must be done to relax the load on the server when too many people login at the same time,mostly during the nights.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
imo the current forum layout is excellent in terms of cleanliness and organisation as compared to other forums,which look relatively stale and unorganised.i only feel that something must be done to relax the load on the server when too many people login at the same time,mostly during the nights.

Do you feel the need of:
1) Fuild width
2) Ajax features like drop down menu.
3) Missing images.
4) Little smaller header height
etc....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The current forum layout is too cluttered compared to what we were used to about 2 years ago.

XTerminator

The current forum layout is too cluttered compared to what we were used to about 2 years ago.

hmm,maybe.rarely surfed back then,had all lol isp in our area.

Do you feel the need of:
1) Fuild width
2) Ajax features like drop down menu.
3) Missing images.
4) Little smaller header height
etc....

the ajax features are worth trying.the other features need to be actually implemented to get the feel of them.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
A forum is considered very good if its very user friendly, clean and bug free.
This forum uses world best forum script, vBulletin, but still has lots of problem.

Like many uses says,
1) get database error
2) cannot change avatar
3) Drop down menu is not working.
4) You cannot use BB code in post, if you don't manually enter code.
5) width at many places is mismatch.
6) If you scroll to bottom, full page will be covered only by footer.
7) Normally half page is covered by header part.
8) Icons missing.

etc....

bijesh123

Broken In
Dear Rababoo
About the February Issue. The front cove was just Awesome.Following a LETTER FROM THE Editor was a surprise package. It the coming issue please provide a wide screen wallpaper of the February issue. This month the balance was just right between content and real world stories although the regular stuff wins the battle please take it in mind and cover some real world stories instead of same old stuff which user are familiar with.Special REQUEST FAST TRACK TO WINDOWS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom