From AMD FX to Core i5 Haswell Gaming RIG under 55,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
until that time, just a gpu upgrade alone can help in most gaming needs. upgrade whens something big comes ;)

Just see this for instance:

*i.imgur.com/gbGqPpf.jpg

instead buy a new gpu to use with your current system. that will save a lot more for future. upgrade when skylake releases

Just as you said AMD FX 8320 is 125watt TDP CPU where as AMD FX 6300 is 95watt TDP CPU. So in order to save cash and electricity at the same time I decided to go for FX 6300 because in many reviews that I have seen FX 6300 beats i5 4570 in multi-threaded games like Crysis by a far length.So as result of those reviews and my present AMD FX 8320(125watt TDP CPU) + Asus M5A97 R2.0(4+2 Power Phases MB) is eating electricity like anything and also is not able to overclock. Hence this config might suit me best:-

AMD FX 6300 -7400, (95watt TDP CPU)
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 3.0) -6000, (8+2 Power Phases)
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC -15800, (HD7950 equivalent GPU)
Coolermaster 140mm 2 BC RED LED fans -1400,
Coolermaster 120mm 3 BC RED LED fans -1800,
Coolermaster V4 GTS -4600. (Ultra Low Profile CPU Cooler)
TOTAL -37,000.

until that time, just a gpu upgrade alone can help in most gaming needs. upgrade whens something big comes ;)

As I have a Budget of 55k I will save around 18k which might be useful when Skylake comes in 2015 or 2016. With Skylake newer technologies like DDR4 RAM, DDR6 GPU Memory, PCIE 4.0 will come which will bring a whole new way of Gaming PC's.

ankush28

Bazinga
FX 6300 is miles away from any i5-4xxx
Pretty looong discussion, your Decision making power is very low :p :lol:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just see this for instance:

*i.imgur.com/gbGqPpf.jpg

Just as you said AMD FX 8320 is 125watt TDP CPU where as AMD FX 6300 is 95watt TDP CPU. So in order to save cash and electricity at the same time I decided to go for FX 6300 because in many reviews that I have seen FX 6300 beats i5 4570 in multi-threaded games like Crysis by a far length.So as result of those reviews and my present AMD FX 8320(125watt TDP CPU) + Asus M5A97 R2.0(4+2 Power Phases MB) is eating electricity like anything and also is not able to overclock. Hence this config might suit me best:-

AMD FX 6300 -7400, (95watt TDP CPU)
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 3.0) -6000, (8+2 Power Phases)
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC -15800, (HD7950 equivalent GPU)
Coolermaster V4 GTS -4600. (Ultra Low Profile CPU Cooler)
TOTAL -37,000.

As I have a Budget of 55k I will save around 18k which might be useful when Skylake comes in 2015 or 2016. With Skylake newer technologies like DDR4 RAM, DDR6 GPU Memory, PCIE 4.0 will come which will bring a whole new way of Gaming PC's.

by downgrading to FX 6300 you will hardly save 20-30W power if that counts for you .. talking about stock speeds and if you are interested I may buy the FX 8320 you have ;)

If you are interested in saving power just run the cpu at stock speed, reduce vcore as much as possible, enable all the power saving option and get a better [ read platinum certified psu ]. For performance get a better gpu say a R9 280x or even a R9 290 ;)

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
FX 6300 is miles away from any i5-4xxx
Pretty looong discussion, your Decision making power is very low :p :lol:

So it is said that i5 4670k is better, Hence:

Intel Core i5 4670k -16200,
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H -9500,
Zotac GTX650Ti Boost 2GB -12500,
Coolermaster V4 GTS -4600.
TOTAL -46,000.

PS: Now how is my decision making power.

Last edited:

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
^^ I dont think he is trolling but he is confused.
He should get Non k I5 and Btter graphic card which will do things he wants from PC.
There is no point n downgrading from FX8320.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
ok then its my last post here

Final Config :

Intel Core i5 4570 -13700,

Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H -7500,

Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC -15800,

Coolermaster 140mm 2 BC BLUE LED fans -1400,

Coolermaster 120mm 2 BC BLUE LED fans -1200,

Coolermaster Hyper 101 -1000.

TOTAL -40,600.

but he is confused.

He is not a confused.:evil:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
that picture does not seem to be correct.
1) it said ddr4 support for haswell which is wrong.
2)500GFLOPS for haswell over 225 GFLOPS does not seem too right.
3)also it told about gddr5 gpu in ivy which is ddr3
4) between haswell and broadwell, i think haswell refresh might see the light.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ok then its my last post here

Final Config :

AMD A10-7850K-12000,

Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H -6400,

Coolermaster V4 GTS -4500.

TOTAL -42,000.

I am not confused at all but I have decided upon what Asish have said and this is also my final post here. I will buy the above components on 15th Jan,2014.

Wait for couple of days un till 14th Jan 2014 for AMDs Kaveri A10-7850 APU. It will blow away any i5-4xxx.

Come on Pradhan, don't lure me with such tempting offers. I cannot be tempted now because I am called a TROLL after all the confusion I have had. As I said the above post is final and my decision rests.

Thanks & Regards,(To ALL)
bavusani

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Come on Pradhan, don't lure me with such tempting offers. I cannot be tempted now because I am called a TROLL after all the confusion I have had.

Please do not take my word seriously :peace::meditate:

I was very annoyed because of such long discussion. anyways you have made decision:)

deleted my post.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD A10-7850K-12000,

Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H -6700,

CM 140mm 2 BC RED LED fans -1400,

CM 120mm 2 BC RED LED fans -1200,

Corsair H60 2013 Edition -4900.

TOTAL -42,000.

The reasons for me going with AMD Kaveri APU are:

Finally, AMD has confirmed on the GPU side that Kaveri will be shooting for feature parity with AMD’s latest discrete GPUs, by supporting many of the same features. Specifically, TrueAudio will be making an appearance on Kaveri, bringing AMD’s dedicated audio processing block to their APUs as well as their GPUs. On the discrete GPUs this is a move that was mostly about functionality, but on Kaveri it should take on a second role due to the fact that it’s exactly the kind of CPU-constrained environment for which having dedicated hardware will be a boon. Furthermore, AMD has also confirmed that their new low-level API, Mantle, will also be supported on Kaveri – it is after all a GCN based GPU.

The A10-7850K is going to feature four Steamroller cores and 512 GCN stream processors and these features are going to help it come on equal levels with the Radeon HD 7750 as far as the graphics are concerned. It features a max compute of 856 GFLops for the CPU plus the GPU.
The clock speeds have been set at 3.7 GHz and it is assumed that this will be the base clock speedswith a turbo that will surpass the 4 GHz barrier. Both will also feature AMD's Turbo Core 3.0 feature as well as pack 4MB of L2 cache and feature unlocked multiplier. While the A10-7850K will be a 95W TDP part, the A10-7700K will be apparently available in both 65W and 95W version.

AMD Showed Kaveri Running Battlefield 4 At Up To 40 FPS At 1080p

The Kaveri Chip: Steamroller High Performance Cores with integrated Graphics Core Next
The benefits of the new cores are actually two fold; firstly the new cores can process more instructions per clock-cycle (a 20% IPC improvement over previous generations) as well as being able to achieve higher clock speeds. Leaked AMD documents indicate that 4.5GHz is possible for Kaveri on the desktop, with water-cooling taking the chip to 4.5GHz and beyond.
On the other side of the hUMA memory system AMD have included the latest GCN (Graphics Core Next) chip. This variation will include 512 Stream Units and 8 CU’s that should provide performance on par with the Radeon HD 7750 video card. Testing has shown that the combination of GPU and CPU can produce 1060 GFLOPS’s, breaking the TERAFLOP mark with a cheap desktop APU.

Conclusion
Packing an incredible amount of technology into a single sliver of silicon AMD has some very promising technology ready for release. Making previous generation technology seem as crazy as outsourcing your right hand to China.

Upcoming Kaveri processor will drink from shared-memory Holy Grail

*i.imgur.com/xVvZwFK.jpg
*i.imgur.com/fhmuvgf.jpg

The secret sauce that Kaveri will bring to the computing party is hUMA, a scheme in which both CPU and GPU can share the same memory stash and the data within it, saving all those nasty copying cycles. hUMA is cache-coherent, as well – both CPU and GPU have identical pictures of what's what in both physical memory and cache, so if the CPU changes something, the GPU knows it's been changed.
Importantly, hUMA's shared memory pool extends to virtual memory, as well, which resides far away – relatively speaking – on a system's hard drive or SSD. The GPU does need to ask the CPU to tell the system's operating system to fetch the required data from virtual memory, but at least it can get what it wants, when it wants.

At this point, you might well be asking, "All well and good, but what's in it for me?" Glad you asked.
From a user's point of view, hUMA will make CPU-GPU mashups – in AMD parlance, APUs – more efficient and snappier. Better efficiency should improve battery life and make hUMA-compliant processors more amenable to tablets and handsets. Snappier performance means, well, snappier performance.

*i.imgur.com/VAmRlxu.png

AMD's upcoming Kaveri APUs will be compatible with the upcoming FM2+ socket.

Wait for couple of days until 14th Jan 2014 for AMDs Kaveri A10-7850 APU. It will blow away any i5-4xxx.

Thanks URPradhan for opening my eyes finally.:hyper::wub::clap2::doublethumb:

PS: All the confusion was regarding what CPU to get with less cash that could beat a i5 4xxx. So I found out that AMD A10-7850K can really beat it and also ushers a new era in computing as well.

Last edited:
OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
No you are not wrong
But read this thread from start first:D:p

Laptops use less power --- Laptops deliver less performence
I agree that Laptops use less power & less performance and at the same time they heat up more.

According to AMD, the A10-7850K beats the 4670K by up to 40% in 3DMark Fire Strike and by 8% in PCMark 8. This implies that the 7850K's efficiency has improved a fair degree, at least in certain tests. The price tag, even with BF4, could be a sticking point (assuming it's accurate). At $189, AMD would be going head-to-head with its own eight-core FX-8350, which currently sells for $199. On the Intel side of things, it would price against the Intel Core i5-4430, a 2.8GHz (3.2GHz Turbo) processor with four cores, no HT, and a max graphics clock of just 1.1GHz.

Lastly but not the least is that if AMD plays around with OpenCL then we could have our own nvidia Physx based software which I think would be fused with the upcoming MANTLE that AMD is keeping under wraps.So this comes into fore with its Kaveri APU in Jan14th,2014.
I know that OpenCL is based on C++ algorithm and we ourselves can do it if provided with the essential Core Code by AMD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom