From AMD FX to Core i5 Haswell Gaming RIG under 55,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
gammaxx 200 is not good [ build quality ] - the reason : the plastic standoffs to mount the cpu is very weak and may get broken.

PratikV

Broken In
gammaxx 200 is not good [ build quality ] - the reason : the plastic standoffs to mount the cpu is very weak and may get broken.

Agree but it does work for some time, at least for 2~3 months. Im not getting 212 evo, asked primeabgb and near by stores but no one has that piece. So thats why currently using 200 which is at least better than stock cooler.

What have you thought about the build then bavusani

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Agree but it does work for some time, at least for 2~3 months. Im not getting 212 evo, asked primeabgb and near by stores but no one has that piece. So thats why currently using 200 which is at least better than stock cooler.

What have you thought about the build then bavusani

Which one are you using?I think this is what I want:
Intel Core i5 4570 -13700,
Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H -7500,
Zotac GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB -12500,
Coolermaster 140mm 2 BC RED LED fans -1400,
Coolermaster 120mm 3 BC RED LED fans -1800,
Corsair H60 2013 Edition -4500,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8600.
TOTAL -50,000.
Tell me what needed to be changed if any? My old RIG is my siggy.OK.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
this may be my last post in this thread.
if my calculations are correct, power consumption of i5 4570+650 ti boost >=(?) fx8320+hd 7770.
you better drop the idea of getting a new pc if your sole purpose is to reduce the electricity bill. if you want to game, upgrade to a capable gpu like 760 or so since you are gaming on full hd(i guess). check for the equipments which causes high electricity bills. i highly suspect it is the refrigerator since you are running it 24 x 7 with lot of things in freezer(enough for higher electricity).
you better run it 12-15 hrs a day or even lower with no things in freezer for a month just to catch the culprit. ask your mom to do it before spending valuable money.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Also my AMD FX 8320 cannot run prime95 successfully and gets struck upon running it. What can be done with this?You can see my CPU Cooler in my Siggy.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Turning off Cool N Quiet and any other engery saving features in the CPU settings screen details will help get a stable tune

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Turning off Cool N Quiet and any other engery saving features in the CPU settings screen details will help get a stable tune

I tried every possible step but could not figure what is the problem? I turned off C1E state, disabled 4 cores, in addition to the above step you said but to no avail.I love my RIG and you guess :shock::hissyfit::wah::banghead::tired::duh2::cryeyesout: and I reviewed so many reviews. :facepalm:

Zotac GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB -12500.

Instead of this I will go for AMD FX 6300, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and Asus R9 270x 2GB OC. While running the HDMI on my Dell ST2220L I am getting a resolution of only 1200x900 but while running with DVI I am getting 1920x1080. What is the optimized resolution for games and is it fault of the HDMI cable or my GPU? Do I need to change my Dell ST2220L as well.I am using DVI at present. If I run in 1600x1200 then i can run in 75Hz but in 1920x1080 I can run in 60Hz. Does it depend on the monitor or the GPU?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Also my AMD FX 8320 cannot run prime95 successfully and gets struck upon running it. What can be done with this?You can see my CPU Cooler in my Siggy.

try without a ups. instead of getting fx 6300, get Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and Asus R9 270x 2GB OC.
if your pc run fine for every applications/games you have, why do you overclock it? why do you need to run prime 95?

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
try without a ups. instead of getting fx 6300, get Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and Asus R9 270x 2GB OC.
if your pc run fine for every applications/games you have, why do you overclock it? why do you need to run prime 95?

Just to see if it does not crash during gaming sessions when overclocked.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

consider prime95 as a power virus , see if your pc can encode some nice videos with heavy cpu usages for 1 to 2 hour and move on. Don't get too much bothered about prime95.

I tried every possible step but could not figure what is the problem? I turned off C1E state, disabled 4 cores, in addition to the above step you said but to no avail.I love my RIG and you guess :shock::hissyfit::wah::banghead::tired::duh2::cryeyesout: and I reviewed so many reviews. :facepalm:

Zotac GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB -12500.

Instead of this I will go for AMD FX 6300, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and Asus R9 270x 2GB OC. While running the HDMI on my Dell ST2220L I am getting a resolution of only 1200x900 but while running with DVI I am getting 1920x1080. What is the optimized resolution for games and is it fault of the HDMI cable or my GPU? Do I need to change my Dell ST2220L as well.I am using DVI at present. If I run in 1600x1200 then i can run in 75Hz but in 1920x1080 I can run in 60Hz. Does it depend on the monitor or the GPU?

I'm eggting a feeling that the motherboard is not capable enough to handle a OCed 8 core 125w TDp cpu and prime95 like app can make the cpu draw abnormal amount of power and put excessive load on VRMs. So take the suggestion below :D

Just to see if it does not crash during gaming sessions when overclocked.

again prime95 is a not a full proof method to test Oc stability and for how long you will run it 12 / 24 hours and even after that it can crash. If you really need to use prime95 like app give IBT, Linx a shot.

@ All - don't get too much offtopic and stop replying to offtopic posts like that or else ..... read the forum rules.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
consider prime95 as a power virus , see if your pc can encode some nice videos with heavy cpu usages for 1 to 2 hour and move on. Don't get too much bothered about prime95.

I'm eggting a feeling that the motherboard is not capable enough to handle a OCed 8 core 125w TDp cpu and prime95 like app can make the cpu draw abnormal amount of power and put excessive load on VRMs. So take the suggestion below :D

again prime95 is a not a full proof method to test Oc stability and for how long you will run it 12 / 24 hours and even after that it can crash. If you really need to use prime95 like app give IBT, Linx a shot.

@ All - don't get too much offtopic and stop replying to offtopic posts like that or else ..... read the forum rules.

I ran OCCT and Intel Burn Test but my temps kept increasing.Is it normal to increase as you run it.I OC'ed to 4200MHz from the stock 3500MHz.I still cannot run Prime95 successfully.

Cpu: FX 8320
Name: bavusani
Frequency: 4200
ref*multi: 200*21
CPU voltage: 1.38
CPU-NB: 1.30
NB volts: 1.2
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 9-9-9-24T @ 1.65V
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (updated the bios to the latest)
Cooling: Corsair H60
GFLOPS: 60 (Only for LinX)

How much more OC head room is there as my present speed is 4.2GHz. Is the above tests enough to conclude that my RIG is stable for any Gaming sessions.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I ran OCCT and Intel Burn Test but my temps kept increasing.Is it normal to increase as you run it.I OC'ed to 4200MHz from the stock 3500MHz.I still cannot run Prime95 successfully.

Cpu: FX 8320
Name: bavusani
Frequency: 4200
ref*multi: 200*21
CPU voltage: 1.38
CPU-NB: 1.30
NB volts: 1.2
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 9-9-9-24T @ 1.65V
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (updated the bios to the latest)
Cooling: Corsair H60
GFLOPS: 60 (Only for LinX)

How much more OC head room is there as my present speed is 4.2GHz. Is the above tests enough to conclude that my RIG is stable for any Gaming sessions.

did you try without a ups?/
also corsair vengeance can run at 1600mhz @ 1.5v

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
did you try without a ups?/
also corsair vengeance can run at 1600mhz @ 1.5v

No not without an UPS and I am afraid if I run my RIG without that and the power goes off then I have to RMA something.My RAM is running in 1.65v.This is the most I can get out of it even if I run it around 2000MHz also.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
No not without an UPS and I am afraid if I run my RIG without that and the power goes off then I have to RMA something.My RAM is running in 1.65v.This is the most I can get out of it even if I run it around 2000MHz also.

can the unstability be caused due to the psu?
your ram is running 1600mhz at 1.65V?

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
can the unstability be caused due to the psu?
your ram is running 1600mhz at 1.65V?
Why my PSU is well and good and yes my RAM is running at 1.65v. If my PSU is at fault even if I OC it should become unstable right but only thing I cannot run is Prime95.OK.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Why my PSU is well and good and yes my RAM is running at 1.65v. If my PSU is at fault even if I OC it should become unstable right but only thing I cannot run is Prime95.OK.

i mean,if you run prime 95, it will cause large power to be drawn. if the power supply fails to meet the requirement, then the system should crash, right? if possible check with another psu.
if your ram is running at 1600mhz ,then set the voltage to 1.5v.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom