[Freelancing] Got cheated by the client

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 118788

You can even try *www.fiverr.com/, but again as I already said, if you only know software development, you may have a hard time finding projects on these sites. As it's hard to find low value development projects. But if you know CMS Tempalte Designing / Editing / Development like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento etc. then there are great scope.

If one knows Designing and SEO then it's great.

Fiverr is not recommended at all. You will have a hard time getting good budget projects if you build a impression that you are a low budget worker. I will recommend Envato Studio, Elance, Freelancer and Odesk for all web development, design, SEO related projects. There is a lot scope on all of these sites. Create personalized proposal letters for all projects and try to specialize in a particular segment. If you see I specialize in optimizing wordpress website's speed and I am mostly targeting that sub niche so it is easy to get jobs for that. *studio.envato.com/explore/wordpress-customization/7145-wordpress-website-speed-optimization

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I do not much agree with you about freelancer.com. You need to find out which projects are worth bidding and you should concentrate on a specific niche. Some tips from my side:-

1. Try to bid on jobs posted by Americans, Britishers, Australians and Germans.
2. Only bid on client's job who already have high reviews and good paying rate.
3. Concentrate on a particular niche and just focus mainly on it.

Think, I should give Freelancer another try.

- - - Updated - - -

Next time add few lines of code that will break their website after few days of expected payment date. That will keep them on their toes. And obfuscate your code too so that it will not be easy to find it out right at glance.

I don't know how I missed this post. :p

Anyway, There would be no need for it, if I work on my own server and move it to client's server only after the payment.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Sorry For not understanding your words, I think there is no scope to complain to anyone as you have directly got it. I think you should take advance from the client before starting your project.

No problem. Yes, that was completely my mistake. I should have either got an advance or worked on my own server.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
So, I deleted all the files which I coded from his server. A day after that (Yesterday), He replied to my email saying that he was out-of-station. When I asked him why he blocked me on Skype and GChat, I didn't get any proper response. He said he was in a internet cafe and no reply came after that to my emails. And, today, he added me back on Skype and cooked up the same story as before.

attachment.php

Let's see what he is upto this time.

Attachments

• chat.png
    chat.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 160

amjath

Human Spambot
I remember signing some documents with my client, but it is not freelancer it was odesk. Anyway informative thread and posts [MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION] hope you will sign NDA with him on next job

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Great..!! Your luck worked :)

Generally client changes username and password after these kind of situation :p

He didn't change the FTP credentials. :)

I remember signing some documents with my client, but it is not freelancer it was odesk. Anyway informative thread and posts [MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION] hope you will sign NDA with him on next job

Yes, will surely do it from next time.

I'm all new to freelancing.
I have created few websites.
abhigeek.com (My presonal website)
thegurukul.org.au (client website)

So anybody want to work with me?

amjath

Human Spambot
Excellent work on those websites, unfortunately I'm not web developer/designer my skill is DB based. Good work again

[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] I been working on a side project.
I know to use mysql using command line interface. But how I can make a database with gui for customer?

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] I been working on a side project.
I know to use mysql using command line interface. But how I can make a database with gui for customer?
If you know asp you can create table and bind them to db and make changes to db directly. It's possible in php as well.

They are many examples in online. Let me know if you don't find any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom