Free antivirus for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_n_k_i_t

Something Something
1. Avast! Home Edition : superb have been using it for the last 5 yrs and i am completely satisfied with it.

2. AVG : had this in my system but had lot of problems so had to remove it.

3. Avira Antivir Personal
: can't say haven't used it much.

4. Comodo Antivirus + Firewall: All in one internet security suite. nice interface. follows the logic of instal and forget.

5. A – Squared Free

6. Rising Antivirus: this one is from china. havent used this much but is very low on system resources.

IMO: get an Avast! Home Edition & Ad-aware and forget it. your system will be safe for normal usage.

hope it helps....

chooza

Journeyman
I m using Microsoft Secuty Essential. Never faced any problem.Important very light on machine.Avast is also very good.

markettips1

Right off the assembly line
Hi, Tester ,
i am suggesting to you that you should use Avast anti virus. i am also protect my pc from avast. i think it will be useful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brookstone

I vote for AVG.

AVG is an awesome free Antivirus. It has a very good definition update. System uses very little system resources and it has a full time protection utility with on access file scanner and e-mail scanner. The program won't tax your system when scanning or when running in the background and always proves effective. The interface is simple to navigate.

Gauravs90

geek........
^^^ AVG is crappy and will remain crappy.
Many have reported problems with AVG on this forum and its virus detection rate is too low.

timkat

Best Antivirus - reviews and download
If you access the link above you can see you have there the reviews of the top ten best rated antivirus software. You have a lot of choices there, so I suggest you should use one.
*www.best-antivirus.co/

techwhiz.in

Broken In
How come no one mentioned about Microsoft Security Essential....seems like everyone is using Pirated version of OS and MSE does not run of Pirated OS pc's.

hpotter606

Journeyman
I am using Microsoft security essentials on Windows 7. It is very light on resources, has high scanning rate and has good detection capabilities. I use licenced copy of Windows 7 ;)

clmlbx

Technomancer
How come no one mentioned about Microsoft Security Essential....seems like everyone is using Pirated version of OS and MSE does not run of Pirated OS pc's.

Who said that, I have run many time MSE on my computer and I am using pirated OS (not proud but true,Will buy OS when I have some money left after buying all hardware)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

ran MSE on Windows XP Home (Genuine) but it failed to install every time (32bit). so gave up. currently on Win7. will try MSE if i need reinstall Win7. till than Avast got my back :)

Ubuntu 10.10 is even better as it looks like from the upcoming changes but i cant really comment on its stability till the beta testing is done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom