FOSS Donation List

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
YES! :))

I can't believe I am so happy! I wanted to donate so many times in the past but could not as it was my parents money. I told myself I will donate when I earn. That day has come true at last. And it feels so good.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Pledged €5 (with no reward) towards the Debian Administrator's Handbook (special thanks to an anonymous friend).

Donated $9.50 to Linux Mint. I was going to donate $10, but Paypal exchange rate is around Rs 51 for a dollar and I had already created a virtual credit card for $10 according to RBI's exchange rate. Anyway, I did get a mail with the transaction receipt but payment has not been processed yet. Should be done soon. :)

In other news, 7zip and Handbrake are not open to donations, so they are out for now.

I found one website from where you can donate to several OSS projects, including DebConf 11, Debian and Arch Linux. Here is the link: *co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=34115

I hope I can donate regularly. No more donations this month, will carry on in December. :)

Please check out this amazing method of donation. BCC4FOSS - Bottles, Cans & Cash For Free & Open Source Software
This guy collects bottles and cans and gives them for recycling in Canada (where they get paid to give for recycling) and donates the money to FOSS projects like Linux Mint (where he has donated over $1200!).

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
I want to donate but I don't have a credit card. I do have a Debit Card though..

Some banks provide a virtual credit card facility. That works well. Check if your bank has that. Or you could find a friend with a credit card and pass him the cash.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Got an acknowledgement from the Linux Mint developers. My donation now shows on their website and I have linked my name to this thread. :p

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Guys, vote for KDE to win an award of 1000 Euros.

*verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/10115/kde-ev

Help KDE win an award of 1000 Euros. Need your votes. - Ubuntu Forums
Hello,

A German bank, DiBaDu, is currently awarding 1000 Euros to the 1000 most voted clubs or organisations in Germany that have registered for this. KDE started off at the top spot, but has been falling in the last few days, and falling fast.

If KDE were to win this award, it would use it to fund a developers sprint.

If you are a user of KDE, or if you support free desktops in general, do spare about 3 minutes to give a vote for KDE. Click on the link below:
*verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/10115/kde-ev

The page is in German, so click on the orange Stimme Abgeben button. You can use Google translate to read it in English. It will ask you for your email address, after which it will send you a mail with the final voting link.

Cheers!

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
I think I voted, not sure if the link in my mail was the right link. Anyway Hail KDE!

First post updated.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Donated Rs 500 to Wikipedia. Not including game bundles as these are actually purchases, not donations.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Oh no. :-( Next month I'll donate some to KDE then.

Actually including bundles does not make sense. Removed.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
That is excellent. :D

My total for November was $54.5. Sadly, I will not be able to donate this month. Will resume in January hopefully.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Developer Candella Software has started an 8-Bit Funding campaign to drum up financial support for its upcoming console, PC, and iOS racer Cargasm. They have 53 days to achieve its funding goal of $25,000.

Check here and help, if you want:-
8-Bit Funding

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
@LFC_fan: This might interest you.
This is the same one.
Hasn't worked for me yet though, twice blocked by Paypal. Modified some details and successfully donated $2 to Linux Mint which should mean everything is right in my end I guess, hopefully the payment is not blocked this time.
(facepalm I think I've fixed it. Bizzare Paypal way of working.)

Top Bottom