Status
Not open for further replies.

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
hey i am planning to make a forum
Q1 - can i get a ready made forum?where?
Q2 - can i get a .com,.net,.XYZ free hosting and create a forum on it
Q3 - can i get a .co.nr hosting free?
Q4 - i just want a domain and not a subdomain like pritish.x10hosting.com.....so if i can get a free domain and can make a forum on it.....how???
Q5 - can anybody make me a forum on whtever phpbb or mybb blah blah????

anand1

In the zone
In free you can get only .co.nr and only option to go for installing any forum script is to go for subdomains with free hosting. There are many just google it out.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You cannot get a readymade forum. You'll have to cook your recipy on you own.

You'll have to buy a domain if you want a free hosting and........if you want paid hosting then some Hosters may have packages giving you free domains. ;)
You cannot get everything free, you have to spend a little money.

Buy a domain www.net4.in (from where I had bought), they may be expensive but I had bought from them. You'll have to first change your nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com in your Domain Properties which are provided by the Registrar (net4).
Then register with x10hosting and follow the instructions by Gigacore *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75983 for the Forum.

Or you can contact Cyrus_the_Virus as he is having some attractive hosting plans. This thread may also help you: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76117

I would suggest you phpBB3 until MyBB 1.4 comes out for Forums.....

OP
pritish_kul2

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
hey @gagandeep..............i m ready to spend a few bucks...bt the thing wic his available for free why spend money on it??

so Ans 2 - i can't get a free .com . XYZ domain,rite?

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
hey i am planning to make a forum
Q1 - can i get a ready made forum?where?
Yes, you can. Checkout *www.forumer.com/, *ipbfree.com/home/ etc
Q2 - can i get a .com,.net,.XYZ free hosting and create a forum on it

Yes, you can
Q3 - can i get a .co.nr hosting free?

Yes, you can. .co.nr is free URL forwarding service so it will forward to your frree hosting account if you have one

Q4 - i just want a domain and not a subdomain like pritish.x10hosting.com.....so if i can get a free domain and can make a forum on it.....how???

Some sites give free Domain if you refer some poeple. Checkout *freewebspace.net/forums/ for more such offers

Q5 - can anybody make me a forum on whtever phpbb or mybb blah blah????

Get any free hosting with cPanel. It will most likely have Fantastico to install phpbb :)

OP
pritish_kul2

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
^^^thnks a lot...
my next set of questions
Q1 - Where can i get this free .com,.net,.XYZ domains
Q2- i can use .co.nr to forward it to any page

and
Q-3 Can i create an index page on the ready made forum??
Q-4 @sukhdeep can i have ur yahoo id...mite be of use...u help a lott..thnks
Q-5 Can i open a mail system like gmail on a smaller scale?
Q-6 and the site u provided for readymade forum.....offers phpbb only,rite?

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
^^^thnks a lot...
my next set of questions
Q1 - Where can i get this free .com,.net,.XYZ domains
Q2- i can use .co.nr to forward it to any page

and
Q-3 Can i create an index page on the ready made forum??
Q-4 @sukhdeep can i have ur yahoo id...mite be of use...u help a lott..thnks
Q-5 Can i open a mail system like gmail on a smaller scale?
Q-6 and the site u provided for readymade forum.....offers phpbb only,rite?

Ans1. There are lots of offers at Freewebspace.com/forums. I saw this on Webhosting forum to get free domain
*www.register.com/promo/acquisitions_8772090537.rcmx?trkID=SEMJ78Vw4W

Dont know if it works or not but most of people, it does :)

Ans2. Yes, .co.nr is basically a redirection service

Ans3. Depends upon the provider, No you cant at forumer or ipbfree.com but you can with simple host having Fantastico,Installatron or InstallApp

Ans4. Pm me ;)

Ans 5. Yes you can. There is commercial script like Hivemail at *www.hive2.com/. Tons of options there, you just need to explore ;)

Ans 6. Yes, phpbb and IPB. You can Google for more. They are thousands of them. Most of them for phpbb, SMF and IPB

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
It would be best if you didnt opened a thread for every single piece of doubt you have.

Keep all questions related to one subject, your website in this case to one thread :)

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
@Sukhdeep Singh Hey bro, why dont u post a tut regarding ......... It would be very helpful..... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif

nix

hmm..everyone's making a forum these days...there are more forums than ppl on the planet...

OP
pritish_kul2

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
hey guys can u tell me some censored words...smilies..a cool description then a cool pic...plzz guys help me out

and wht should i put as the time gmt or gmt +5.5 hhhrss

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
@Sukhdeep Singh Hey bro, why dont u post a tut regarding ......... It would be very helpful..... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif

WOW! I dont think i know much :D On what subject you guys want a tutorial on, i would love to help :)

hey guys can u tell me some censored words...smilies..a cool description then a cool pic...plzz guys help me out

and wht should i put as the time gmt or gmt +5.5 hhhrss

Which Forum script you are trying to install ?

1. Generally you will Word Censors List pre build by the phpbbCommunity etc.

2. Same goes for Smiley Sets, tons of them availble for download at phpbb community

3. Thats the default timings, if max of your traffic would be from India, keep it GMT + 5:30 hrs

Pathik

Google Bot
There is a phpbb Mod too which automatically sets the time depending on the user's location in his profile.
ie if u r from india then all the forum timings reflect +5.30

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
There is a phpbb Mod too which automatically sets the time depending on the user's location in his profile.
ie if u r from india then all the forum timings reflect +5.30
Thats by default bro, the forum timings are based upon the timings in user profile which he selected while Registration.

The Default timings are for Guest section timings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom