Forgotten Username & Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
tech_your_future said:
It totally works. But, of course someone needs a physical access to your system for this. To protect this, you have grub password and BIOS password.
Still, someone can yank off your hard drive and run away.
This is what I have learnt from others.

Or my laptop could be stolen, I could be robbed, these are things I couldn't stop. :p What I want to do is stop a casual user, a friend or a guest, to stop being able to reset password and gain access to my laptop or account without my permission. Now opening up the laptop with a screwdriver to reset the BIOs pass or take my hard drive would be a bit messy and could bring it to my or anyone else's attention.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
it said nothing can b found in some folder(it named a folder cant recall it).

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
lol!
looks more like a chat session to me.
@Manshahia
Please post as much details u have with u. and read this
How To Ask a Question Here

eddie

El mooooo
Aberforth said:
Or my laptop could be stolen, I could be robbed, these are things I couldn't stop. :p What I want to do is stop a casual user, a friend or a guest, to stop being able to reset password and gain access to my laptop or account without my permission. Now opening up the laptop with a screwdriver to reset the BIOs pass or take my hard drive would be a bit messy and could bring it to my or anyone else's attention.
If you have such friends then you can use LILO with restricted and password combo in your lilo.conf :)

Read "man lilo.conf" for more info.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
eddie said:
If you have such friends then you can use LILO with restricted and password combo in your lilo.conf :)

Well I have to suffer some of my younger friends with weird humour...who would to anything to snoop on my laptop to send bogus "I love you" emails and stuff. I just don't want to be a victim of one of their pranks....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom