Forgot Windows 7 password. What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Actually i forgot my Windows 7 user password. So, i would like to know how to log into my user account.
I neither have any password reset disc nor want to re-install windows again.

Please help. Its urgent.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Download this image, and boot from it, next follow the steps to reset your password

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

download cd image : *pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd110511.zip

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
Then i will have to extract that zip file, burn that into a CD and then boot up with it.
Is it so?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@saswat23, yes, extract and burn it to a cd, alternately you can use YUMI tool to make a pen drive bootable from that image

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
I meant, any other alternatives for not going to my friend's house.
I mean i simply have to download it in my phone, save it in memory card, put the memory card in card reader then use it to break the pass.
Is there any such way/trick?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@saswat23, sadly mate there is no other alternative, you will have to visit your friends place.

On second thought there is one. Boot your existing system from a linux cd and use it to burn the image

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Check Wondershare Live Boot 2012. It has same function but easier. Install in any PC (no other go) and create a bootable USB or CD in one click. You can use this as Live CD, Recovery disc and lot more.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Actually i forgot my Windows 7 user password. So, i would like to know how to log into my user account.
I neither have any password reset disc nor want to re-install windows again.

Please help. Its urgent.

this will help Reset Windows 7 Password - Top 4 Handy Windows 7 Password Recovery Methods For You

*www.windowsloginrecovery.com/windows-7-password-recovery.html

henceforth keep a windows password recovery disk handy (which is available in windows)

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^ all those methods require user to be logged in.
When i have lost my password, how do i log in?

@saswat23, sadly mate there is no other alternative, you will have to visit your friends place.

On second thought there is one. Boot your existing system from a linux cd and use it to burn the image

Ok, burnt the image to a CD. Still its not working. I mean i am taken to the password recovery panel, but whenevr i select to unlock admin. account, it unlocks. Even i have tried to reomove password from the option and even tried to change the passsword to a newer one, it displays that its sucessfully done but when i restart my PC again i find that wiered password window.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Ok mate, here are the steps:

1. Boot from the CD
2. Select the proper windows partition
3. At the registry path, just hit ENTER
4. Next hit 1 > ENTER
5. Next hit 1 > ENTER
6. type "Administrator" without the quotes > ENTER
7. hit * > ENTER
8. hit y > ENTER
9. hit ! > ENTER