Foods That Burn Belly Fat

J

journeyoflife7

As the intentions of our New Year’s resolutions slowly slip away from us as January turns into February and the rest of the year passes us by; we lose our aspirations for the goals we have intended year after year to keep. Losing weight is a well known and well intended aspiration that slowly falls behind as other more future pressing events take shape in our day to day lives.

However, through the successful and efficient plan in choosing the correct fat burning foods there is little if no work involved in burning off unwanted fat that’s been clogging up arteries and more importantly, burning off that undesired body fat!

Through foods intoxicated with nutrients, vitamins and flavor; that body fat will simply be an unmissed memory of 2011! This is the year where change happens and fat loses it’s grip on you:

There are eight foods that will burn belly fat and make that New Year Resolution not just obtainable, but easy. Here is a list of foods that burn belly fat.

Salmon: is fully loaded with protein and Omega-3 amino fatty acids improving your metabolism and burning more fat. The fatty acids inherent in this food also increase cardiovascular health which helps your body in the fight against heart disease.

Turkey: is packed with protein for higher calorie burning and is also naturally lower in fat compared to chicken and other meats not mentioned specifically in this diet.

Beef: (particularly lean beef) is loaded with protein and it also contains iron which is essential for the creation of hemoglobin in your red blood cells.

Green Tea: is an essential fat burning drink due mainly to the EGCG contained within it which stimulates your brain and nervous system causing your body to burn a much higher rate of calories. Green tea also has effective antioxidants and extensive research has shown it to even reduce the risk of various types of cancers. Furthermore, green tea has been proven to help lower overall cholesterol levels and improve the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.

Skim Milk: contains significant amounts of calcium which helps increase your metabolism and burn those unwanted calories! There has been extensive research which shows that those who drink milk or low-fat dairy products daily, have less body fat ratios than those who don’t. Skim milk is best, but 1% milk is a good alternative.

Edamame: are soy beans which have been lightly boiled and salted. These beans are an excellent source of protein, Vitamin C, iron, and calcium! They also contain 0g of saturated fats, so enjoy them as often as you’d like.

Broccoli: is a well known super food that you can never eat enough of. It is packed with nutrients including calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber. The calcium, vitamin C and fiber all aid in burning fat and increasing your metabolism. Also it is full of antioxidants that provide a multitude of health benefits! Including, decreasing the risk of heart disease and various types of cancers.

Oats: are a great source of selenium which boosts your energy and enhances your immune system by producing antibodies. They are also a great food to fill up on as they are loaded with fiber!

Make 2011 count and don’t waste this opportunity to lose fat and lose it quickly and easily! The best time to start is now! And with a method as easy as this, there’s no point in waiting for tomorrow to start losing fat and eating healthy. This is no mere New Year’s Resolution, but a lifestyle which starts now!

R2K

In the Zone
r u sure abt beef
i have heard that beef contains a lot of fat....so it can actually increase ur belly fat

Last edited:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
one good way to remove tummy fat is to do a cheat day and a detox day.... if you are a regular at your gym it helps to remove the stuck tummy fat easily...

a_medico

Chillum Baba
@Faun Unfortunately, nothing is zero calorie. And definitely not negative calorie.

Pot belly is related to our culture. It's in our brains. Remember moms of each one of us saying during our childhoods 'Bas? itna sa khana khaya? aur khao'! Well, that's when our brains get trained. So every Indian end up eating 3 times more than what is needed. We don't feel the satiety unless we are very full!

And the tendency of our(Indians) bodies is to store fat in the belly more than under our skins. Belly fat is most dangerous and keep on releasing poisonous substances in the blood which screws up other organs causing diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and stroke.

In short, no food can reduce belly fat. It only adds to it. The more you eat it, the more you get.

just a small example - if you continuously run/jog for 1 hour, you end up loosing just 250 calories. Then eat one vada-pav and you end up consuming 250-300 calories. Any extra calories which are not consumed are stored as fat.

Conclusion -

- The more you eat(knowingly or unknowingly), the more you gain weight.
- Simple home food is best. Oil consumption per person per month 1/2 kg. So just 2kg oil for a month for a family of 4.
- Keep moving intermittently during whole day. Don't sit on chair for hours. Always use stairs for climbing up. You can use lift for going downstairs to protect the knees.
- Know how many calories you burn by what you do. Always make a habbit to read the amount of calories on any eatable/driankable product. Avoid packaged foods, which are loaded with calories.
- Don't go for sudden weight loss, ever as endorsed in newspaper. Train you brain gradually to eat less.

Ironically this is the situation today:

*www.nickianderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/fitness_escalator.jpg

Hope we don't end up like this.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Pot belly is related to our culture.
No it is not. Obesity was never a concern in India! Atleast it is not in my culture. I am basically from UP and I haven't seen a single overweight person in my grandfather's village.

It's in our brains. Remember moms of each one of us saying during our childhoods 'Bas? itna sa khana khaya? aur khao'!
Children usually tend to do a lot of physical activities as compared to adults. They do not realize that they need energy to carry on with these activities. I have not seen any obese child in my locality who plays on the ground. Obese children are found in those high class homes where parents do not allow their children to play outside fearing germs,cuts,wound etc. and instead purchase PS3s and Xboxes.

So every Indian end up eating 3 times more than what is needed. We don't feel the satiety unless we are very full!

Every! You would like to revise that sentence :)

just a small example - if you continuously run/jog for 1 hour, you end up loosing just 250 calories.

There you are wrong again, though it is not the point but just to correct you, one hour jogging will make you lose 500 calories, its all over the internet.

Now you are partially correct. This is the situation, but in western countries (mainly in US).

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Obesity was never a concern in India! Atleast it is not in my culture. I am basically from UP and I haven't seen a single overweight person in my grandfather's village.

Your family genes must be strong. Lets say you are fortunate. By the way, we are in the middle of an epidemic of obesity and diabetes which are interrelated. Till April, we were no.1 in the world in diabetes. China overtook us and we are second now, it that offers some consolation.

Obese children are found in those high class homes where parents do not allow their children to play outside fearing germs,cuts,wound etc. and instead purchase PS3s and Xboxes.
Lets not get into it. I can speak hours on it. In the end, obesity is not limited to upper class. Its seen in every class including village people.

Every! You would like to revise that sentence
On the contrary I mean it :) I know it's hard to accept.

There you are wrong again, though it is not the point but just to correct you, one hour jogging will make you lose 500 calories, its all over the internet.
You can loose 100-500calories. Its how you run. Its a technique which not every average person could follow. An average person looses 200-300calories, not more than that. But you are missing the point. My point is intake > output = fat deposition

Now you are partially correct. This is the situation, but in western countries (mainly in US).
Take an example of any mall. If the escalator is working, do you ever use stairs? And I mean an Indian mall :)

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone

*www.nickianderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/fitness_escalator.jpg

Not everybody visiting a gym are overweight....Most of them use it to build muscles

Last edited:

bhushanm

I Am Jack's Assembly Line
Most of the talk about Indian food going to the belly is western talk. I mean, if you tell a westerner the contents and recipe for a samosa, he will get a heart-attack just listening to it! The thing is that Indian food has been developed over the centuries as per our interaction with our surrounding environment. We eat spices like turmeric, ginger, cardamon, garlic, pepper, etc., in and with our food in various forms, and all these are considered great for fat burning even by recent western research. Also, do not forget that India has been till a few decades ago, a mostly agricultural country that requires a lot of strenuous manual work. The Indian diet has been developed as per these conditions.

The problem is many-fold. One, we are applying western fundamentals to our diet without any thought of the difference between our evolution and theirs, our tropical environment and their largely cold one. Two, we are wholeheartedly accepting the western fast food diet of burgers and pizzas (my favorites too, by the way...I am in no way affiliated to Baba Ramdev!) that are many times more likely to make us obese and diabetic than our traditional Indian diet, ghee and oil included. According to statistics in the US, one out of every three children will be diabetic, and it is because of the fast-food diet of the likes of McDonald's and Domino's. Third, we urbanites are no longer doing as much manual work as our ancestors used to do. On top of that, our current IT-job lifestyle is more stressful mentally. One of the effects of stress is increased hunger. It is one way the body reacts to stress. Fourth, our dietitians are too lazy, it seems, to combine western knowledge with prevailing Indian diet patterns and come up with a dietary plan that is suitable to an average Indian.

IMHO, anyway!

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Most of the talk about Indian food going to the belly is western talk. I mean, if you tell a westerner the contents and recipe for a samosa, he will get a heart-attack just listening to it! The thing is that Indian food has been developed over the centuries as per our interaction with our surrounding environment. We eat spices like turmeric, ginger, cardamon, garlic, pepper, etc., in and with our food in various forms, and all these are considered great for fat burning even by recent western research. Also, do not forget that India has been till a few decades ago, a mostly agricultural country that requires a lot of strenuous manual work. The Indian diet has been developed as per these conditions.

The problem is many-fold. One, we are applying western fundamentals to our diet without any thought of the difference between our evolution and theirs, our tropical environment and their largely cold one. Two, we are wholeheartedly accepting the western fast food diet of burgers and pizzas (my favorites too, by the way...I am in no way affiliated to Baba Ramdev!) that are many times more likely to make us obese and diabetic than our traditional Indian diet, ghee and oil included. According to statistics in the US, one out of every three children will be diabetic, and it is because of the fast-food diet of the likes of McDonald's and Domino's. Third, we urbanites are no longer doing as much manual work as our ancestors used to do. On top of that, our current IT-job lifestyle is more stressful mentally. One of the effects of stress is increased hunger. It is one way the body reacts to stress. Fourth, our dietitians are too lazy, it seems, to combine western knowledge with prevailing Indian diet patterns and come up with a dietary plan that is suitable to an average Indian.

IMHO, anyway!

Very well said. Exactly what our generation is facing. Diabetes, which used to express in 50s-60s in our parent's era, is expressed as early as in 30s these days. Diabetes is a direct indicator of our f'ked up lifestyles. The problem is so much that National Health Planning commission is implementing every Indian over 30 years to screen for diabetes (test for sugar). Thats how much we are susceptible.

So, again in short :

1) Chair is our enemy. Dont sit for long hours. Always keep on moving intermittently.
2) Train your brains to eat less, especially so when you are overweight.
3) Cooking oil quantity 1/2 kg per person per month for a family.
4) I have seen some very dedicated dieticians in Mumbai. Especially, the young lot. Not sure about other cities. A visit to a dietician is a big help to remove many misconceptions and follow healthy dietary habbits.
5) Eat home cooked healthy food. Include raw vegetables in your diet as much as possible.
6) Cucumber is a good and healthy low calorie food to kill the excess hunger.
7) Read the calories everytime you buy packaged food or cold drink(usually, its hidden and in very small print). If you dont burn that, it will deposit as fat.
8) Exercise...Exercise....Exercise.... Make it a hobby. Not a compulsion.

one good way to remove tummy fat is to do a cheat day and a detox day.... if you are a regular at your gym it helps to remove the stuck tummy fat easily...

There is nothing like detoxification. Its hypothetical. Infact there are few adverse effects of long term fasting. And yes, cheat day is followed by excess hunger and intake of more calories!

Last edited:
Top Bottom