foobar2000 noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
I am experimenting with various audio players. I downloaded foobar2000 and was poking around only to be unable to find a shuffle mode. I tried looking for plugins but I couldnt find any(bit of a noob!). Also I need a plugin which would allow me to view items in the library by song(and not album artist and date). Also can any1 post a list of must-have plugins for foobar2000? My requirement is simple - a lightweight music player with the above two features.

Using WinXP SP2. Experimented with Winamp, Songbird, Media Monkey already. Using winamp 5.55 now, but to make it barebones i had to uncheck sooo many options!

mittyr

silentFOX
@Techalomaniac

..only to be unable to find a shuffle mode

If you can see "Playback" > Order > Shuffle (Tracks/Album)

..Also I need a plugin which would allow me to view items in the library by song

Right-Click on "Artist" tab in "Playlist Window", you choose watever you want from there.

Most useful plug-ins are in-built for normal users. But don't forget to get the "Custom Presets" for foobar2000 & lame (if you encode), save some time & do a google search. Hope this helps.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Thanks a lot! I was looking for a shuffle button in the interface and in my search i became blind to the menu bar:mrgreen:! Also, Is there a way to add an option like jump to song like in winamp?

By any chance, is there a nice and stable release of Amarok for windows?

Last edited:

mittyr

silentFOX
@Techalomaniac

Is there a way to add an option like jump to song like in winamp

Try "F3" or "Ctrl + F" see if thats what you meant.

By any chance, is there a nice and stable release of Amarok for windows?

Not that i know of.

If you have proper presets, players don't make much difference so no point in wasting for this. And if its memory usuage, foobar2000 is what you want.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Yeah, that's what i wanted basically. Okay, I'll stick to foobar2000 or get winamp 2.8 as i want a music player with low memory usage. One last query : How do I jump to the file I'm playing currently? I don't want to scroll down/up to find the song that's playing. I can see the song on the title bar, but how do i jump to it without using the search option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom