folder not deleting

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i have this folder in my d drive which wont delete but if i copy anything to it, that file is accessible here's the funny thing if copy something to it and then delete the folder it goes to the recycle bin but at the same time another folder by the same name is created automatically ...... if i create another folder with the same name i am successful it does not give any errors but when i try to rename the new folder the effects are seen on the other folder (the 1 that is not deleting) also.

shovik

Banned
It seems that you facing an intrusion problem.....Turn off system restore then I assume that you have a good anti-virus software installed preferably, Kaspersky.
Scan your system and delete everything that is detected by the program.
Next install a good anti-apyware like Ad-Aware pro and scan your entire system.
Reboot after the scan. If your problem persists after this use Delete Doctor from
*www.programurl.com/software/delete.htm

Hope your problem will be solved.

Regards,
Shovik.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
try booting in safe mode and then delete.
if not first end the correcsponding process in task manager then try again

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the folder is Age of empires i was installing the game and then changed the diectory from then on the folder is not at all ready to go to the recycle bin however i will try shovik's advise thanx and the folder is completely empty its got no application or any file in it

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
delete doctor doz not delete folders; only files.
try to delete it in safe mode.
what is name of the folder? maybe some genuine program is generating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom