Folder Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

plug

Right off the assembly line
Hi there, hopefully someone can help me with this bl***y programme. I know this has been covered else where but after much reading I cannot get a definate answer. I did have folder lock installed and I still have a 'folder' with all my info in it but its all scrambled and try as I might I cannot un-scramble my files. I have tried everything from the suppliers including the recovery programme, but nothing works. The folder shows as empty if I open it but under properties all my files are present, a total of 39gb. I have read about accessing my files via dos etc and using such programmes as norton commander which I have downloaded but I have no idea how to do this. I need someone to explain in 'idiot, terms what to do so I can get my files back.
Dave :confused:

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
More details will be required for tat. . The name of folderlock software, version, ur os, wat does the locked folder appear like(sometimes ita appears as control panel icon..etc)? Or whether its not shown at all..

OP
P

plug

Thankyou for the reply.
It is the folder lock programme from New Softwares.net. The folder lock version that I did have installed was the full version of 5.7.5 and I am using Windows XP. The folder is hidden unless you un-check the hidden system folders and the do not show hidden files box. The files are in a folder the appears to be using 4 squares inside commas as a name.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
K.. Open command prompt... Browse to the location and check for the folder name again using 'dir' command... And note the name....

OP
P

plug

Thanks for your time. I am no computer expert so please bear with me.!! This is the screen once I enter cmd prompt and dir.

*i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/plug444/02-11-200810-09-08.png

This is what the hidden folder looks like once I un-check the hidden files box etc.

*i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/plug444/02-11-200810-20-07.png

Last edited:

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
The folder tat u have taken screenshot of is c:\documents and settings\dave

So this is the same folder wit ur hidden folder?

I don't think so, or it would have shown in command prompt..
Navigate to where the hidden folder is located and take the screenshot?

OP
P

plug

Is this what you mean? I do not know my way around dos at all but here goes.

*i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/plug444/02-11-200819-48-55.png

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
What message do u get when u try to open the hidden folder?
And try this-
Lock the folder with the same software and then try to unlock..

OP
P

plug

I don't get any messages at all as I can open the folder ok, its everything inside is scrambled.
Have tried installing folder lock again, locking and unlocking etc but they still remain scrambled.
Have not tried installaing the latest version, will give that a go and see if it works!!

Forget that. Installed folder lock 6, opened it, computer crashed and would not reboot. Had to start in safe mode and do a system restore. :confused:

Last edited:
OP
P

plug

This is what the scrammbled files look like!!

*i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/plug444/10-11-200823-26-59.png

R2K

In the Zone
try opening that folder be winRAR u will find a folder with strange name just copy that folder using winRAR to a different location

OP
P

plug

*BUMP* No one can help me then! :(

R2K - I have tried using winrar. It can find the locked and hidden folder no problem, just cannot copy it elseware!!

R2K

In the Zone
did u try clicking on move while selecting the folder......select a different location and u will find ur files moved

OP
P

plug

did u try clicking on move while selecting the folder......select a different location and u will find ur files moved

I cannot find the option to move a file in WinRAR. It will let you copy to clipboard and when you attempt to paste elseware it comes up with an error. My winRAR is the evaluation copy, does that make a difference??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom