folder and files attributes has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
i recently caught my pc (win XP) with a virus (seneka.sys) that is referred by spyboy as virtuamonde.spybot was stuck during removal of the virus.so i manually deleted all the files pointing to seneks.sys.this also has made some dat files in system32 folder of 0kb.i also deleted them.then i restarted but after that all the system folders and files in C drive that were hidden are visible now like boot,ntlder,ntdetect,IO,MSDOS.it has occured in window folder also.
now after scanning no virus is detected.please tell me how to reset the attributes of folders and files.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
No,no you don't understand my problem.as you some files that are system files are hidden.but now they are visible.i can hide files and folders manually.as all the system files are visible,i have change all their attributes on by one (there may be 1000s of files) and how do i know they were hidden specially in window directory.isn't there anything that restore the hidden attributes of system files.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Actually it is an after effect of the viruses which were removed. I removed many viruses from my friend's laptop once and saw the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom