[Complaint] Flipkart/Disney selling wrong region coded DVD. Also deleting review.

mayanks_098

world is evil
Disclaimer: Yeah yeah, we all love Flipkart. I do to (seriously) We love how it has changed the Indian eCommerce scene. I am not a Flipkart hater, infact I (used to?) love them. Have bought variety of products from them in the past, and may hopefully continue to do so in the future, provided I get a reasonable solution to this mess. As a customer I don’t want to lose Flipkart. I have been equivocal in their support when I find my countrymen in a dilemma whether to purchase a product online or not. But I don’t want or can’t accept them going down the same path as the other online companies.

My grievance is not about money here (not a huge amount is involved in this case), but about shady and improper business practices. It is about the wrong business values and their malpractices.

So here is the thing:

I bought "Lost: The Complete Collection" (link) last month on May 10 as I felt tempted by that 50% discount they were giving. I superficially scanned their description area to look for the keywords “region encoding” but dint find it and I (IMO justifiably) assumed it was for Indian region. They have it listed under “Video Encoding: NTSC 1,3,4,5 & PAL 2,4,5". I am not sure if that’s the correct way to describe/ report region codes. Region and video encoding are differ It was too tempting for me to resist given that it was one of my most beloved TV series. Thanks to their wonderful service and shipping I got it within 2-3 days I guess.

The pack has 24 DVDs. Now in full excitement I inserted the disc in my Indian PS3, and alas, it didn't play. It gave me a region code error, something like "This is incompatible with your region". I tried another and got the same error. I tried a couple more discs and got the same error. Needless to mention, it plays the Indian region DVDs and Indian and region free blu-rays fine, without any issue, including the ones bought from Flipkart. They all play fine. I even bought DVDs from Flipkart after this fiasco and they work fine as well.Now this isn't the first time I have had a negative experience. Sometime back I ordered 2 DVDs of "The It Crowd" Season 1 and Season 2. Season 1 DVD played fine but Season 2 DVDs just dint play. They shipped me 2 replacements and they dint work at all. It was clear that the problem was with the whole lot of season 2 DVDs. I urged them to contact the vendor (“Eagle Home Entertainment) stop selling it and looting customers for a defective product but they dint stop. How this was resolved was a tweet of mine on this issue was caught by a senior manager at Eagle Home Entertainment and he contacted me. He contacted me and apologized for the inconvenience and we worked towards a solution. They got my respect for going out of the way in order to satisfy a customer.

Coming to the present case, I contacted Flipkart with the problem. Their rep (Jayawant) told me that they only sell genuine and tested product on their website. I said I never questioned whether the product was genuine or not. We buy from Flipkart because they are trusted and offer brand new good products. I requested them to test it themselves at their side to which they said it cannot be done since they do not have any provision of testing in their facilities. They also said (I think by mistake) that they DO NOT test or make sure that the product matches the description provided by the manufacturer and that they just take the word of the vendor as final on the product description.

They then suggested me to try it with some other player etc etc. Obviously, problem was not solved. They said they can offer me a replacement. I said it is pointless because the disc is not defective in the sense that it cannot be played, rather it is wrongly region encoded. After a series of worthless mail and phone discussions, they said they will contact the vendor and get back to me. They offered me a refund to which I refused as I got lured into the offer as I was getting a great discount at one of my favorite TV shows, LOST. I said I am ready to wait for 1 month or two months or whatever it takes to get the correct product, but I do not want a refund.

After sometime they tell me (on Phone) that they have received an “E-mail” confirmation from Disney that it is compatible with Indian region players. I am sure Disney didn’t check it at their end as well and just went by their existing description that it is the correct region coded product.I invited them to come over to my home to check the error themselves with my Indian PS3. They said no (fine with me). I asked them a working proof that it is the correct region product (like a image of it playing on any Indian region player/ PS3/ Xbox. All they gave me that they have received a reply from Disney that “it works”. They just took their (Disney’s) word for it arguing that when a trusted vendor says something, they believe it to be true. They also accepted they have no internal testing for products, before they go on sale. They just take the manufacturer/ vendor’s word for it, especially if it is a trusted (big) manufacturer.

Seeing it go no where, I requested Jaywant to give me contact details of a manager with their sales department, so that I can bring it to their notice that they are selling a wrong product. Jaywant declined to my request saying they don't have official email addresses or phone numbers in Flipkart and hence he could not provide me the same. The best he could do it arrange for a phone call or email reply from their team lead (Sajida) in CS department, using their same generic customer service email id. So I could only talk to these two people.

They kept going back and forth on how many purchased it and how many got the same error as me. First they said about no one else reported this problem. After sometime their team lead in CS department told me that “one” guy told me that there has been one feedback of region code error. They contacted that person again and gave me an advice from him that playing (a replacement was provided to him) on "PC" solves the issue. :-\ I have a Home theater setup costing close to 1 lac (LED+ PS3+ HTiB). I didn’t buy DVD to play it on PC! That’s an insane suggestion.

They even suggested contacting the vendor from my side. I did even that. Surprisingly, Disney’s customer care was even worse than Flipkart. They only gave me a call once and never called back to inform the result of their “tests”, instead just giving an e-mail reply that it is the correct product and there is nothing they can do. They advised me to contact Flipkart for further assistance? Excuse me? It is as much a fault of Disney as it is of Flipkart. Flipkart is merely selling Disney’s product. The responsibility lies with Disney equally, if not more, as compared to Flipkart. I really really didn’t expect such customer service from a company of Disney’s repute.

Review deletion:

In the meanwhile, I posted a review on the product page which went something like this (don’t have the exact wordings as I don’t have an exact copy and I didn’t expected them to delete my review):

Do not buy this product. This is an incorrectly region encoded product and does not play on Indian region players.”Flipkart did not think it was in accordance to their “review policy” (The Flipkart Review Moderation Process | Flipkart Blog) and DELETED my review! They said that their review section is not a “comment section” and my comment was not a fair one to future customers as it was just one case and not representative of all those who bought it. I tweeted about this and it created some noise. They promised me on twitter they will review on review. Later they told me that it does not fulfill their “review criteria” and that deletion stands. How many times do we see reviews of Flipkart’s service like “fast shipping”, “great service”, “Flipkart is the best” etc etc etc on the reviews section? They are fine with those “reviews”, but when there is a negative non-service product review representing a case where the product is not playable with “X player”, they deem it as unfit. What a great way to encourage fair reviews. Makes me realize why I never see any negative reviews on the site. Most (and I really mean most) of the reviews are OVERLY positive.

Even if it was one isolated case, I am entitled to write and share my experience with future buyers who can/ will be able to reproduce the problem if they were using the exact same setup, preventing them from buying it in first place. That’s how reviews work!I pointed them to “flipkart is great” reviews, which they ignored. I gave them the existing review on the same product page about the “product” Lost. Here it goes:
“The most gripping TV series
Lost encompasses every genre that a tv show could ever have. Beginning with drama and lots of action, the series moved into mysterious sequences that delves into the secrets of the universe while firmly throwing each character with emotional quagmire that they must face under severe stress of being the selected beings. The series posed more questions than answers even till the end, and this leaves the audience with plenty to think about. A definite gem from hollywoodland.”

Tell me how is a legit review? This is purely a review of Lost as a TV series. Flipkart is not IMDB or RottenTomatoes! If I wanted to review Lost, I would go to these sites. Yet, this still is visible on their website as it, somehow, satisfies their “review policy”.Their twitter personnel contested that if product was the “DVD” most reviews be like superb DVD, great packaging, shiny. I have to say, that is exactly what the product reviews are! We are reviewing the DVD, the product, not the content it holds. For reviewing movies/ tv we have niche websites.

Now back to the issue:

Once, their twitter support guy told me that 129 people bought this without any complaint, which shows they are hiding things as different people are saying different things. When I confronted them that their team leader in customer care department himself told me on phone that their has been atleast one feedback with same complaint, they had no acceptable answer. They even gave me a proof that it is the correct description product. You know what the proof was? Image of the back side of the pack cover with the compatible DVD region codes “highlighted”.

*s1-03.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/590578599.jpg?key=17531240

Excuse me? Do you understand what a wrong product description is?

I’ll show you what a proof is:

Attached here is a screenshots of DVD content information for a season 1 disc from 1st set I received, with details about the region coding of the DVD content. I have highlighted the region code area for easy look-up. The software I used is: DVDInforPro.

*biotech-geek.com/blog2/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Lost1DVD_2.jpg

Few days back Jayawant told me that more than 200 bought it without a single complaint, I told him I have written (via twitter DM) information that about 120 bought him and do they just make numbers up, he had no answer.

Where things stand as per our last telephonic conversation (last Friday): They say they aren’t denying that I am facing the issue, but they reject that they are selling a wrong region encoded product and they reject my proposal/ suggestion to stop selling it. The product is now “Not in stock”. It continued to sell for a long time since I registered this complaint, and I am assuming they sold it till their stocks were exhausted? I also asked him to give me a final reply in writing stating their side that the product is correct and they will continue to sell it. Which they haven’t till now. I think he forgot.

As for why there has been only one complaint, I don’t know. I don’t care how many else bought the product. They may be playing it on an appropriate region coded player or on a PC. What I do know is, it does not play on my Indian region players.

Going back on forth for a long time, I told them on twitter I really want a solution to this, and that I am not hell bent on proving them wrong but making them realize a fault in their business model. They said they have tried their best and advised me to try a replacement just once, failing which they would “seriously” take this up with the vendor, i.e. Disney. I wanted to give them all the chances to correct their wrong before going full public. I was not accepting this idea up until now, but just to honor their suggestion and to rule out any mistake on my side, for what it was worth, I accepted it. I was writing this blog post at that time, and I postponed it till I test the replacement. As expected it showed the same error. I also gave both the collections set copies to my brother-in-law to try on his Indian Xbox. He also reported the same error.

Based on my 2 experiences, Flipkart is great, till you run into a problem which can be corrected by a replacement. All they can do is replacing and refunding. While this is fine, this does not mean they can sell wrong products on their website. They do not have any testing mechanism to ensure correct functioning of the products, nor do they listen to customers when they inform them about such cases.

Now I want your advice/ suggestion on the following questions:
  1. Did anyone here purchase “Lost: The Complete Collection” from Flipkart? Or do you know anyone who bought one? If yes, were you able to play it? If yes, on what player? Please give proper details like model number, purchase place etc. If no, please contact me via contact form/ PM. ou can also reach me (@knayam) on twitter using this hashtag: #FlipkartLost.
  2. Flipkart guy is asking me to ship the replacement back. At first I bought time so that I can get suggestions here and then decide whether to go ahead or not (as this replacement is “evidence”). But due to my PC’s UPS gone bad, I was not able to write this and hence I have no time. The guy will come to collect the DVD set Wednesday i.e. 20 June. Should I return it? I can consider paying for this second copy and keeping it (as evidence) if that’s worth it.
  3. Why did they only have this item on sale? I mean LOST is still a new series with a huge (cult?) following. What is the need of giving huge discount? Is it only to lure customers to buy wrong DVDs? Why is there no such discount on other DVD sets? There are other DVD sets about as old as LOST, Prison Break for example. I may be sounding like a conspiracy theorist, but after my experience, I am forced to look at it this way.
  4. What are my options here? I really hoped (and I do still) that things work out. But looks like they aren't going to be. Flipkart is not agreeing to stop selling it or even correcting the product description. I do not want to just let this go. Else I would not be able to, in my right mind, buy stuff with confidence on Flipkart. What more should I try to make sure it is not Indian region compatible. I haven’t tried every single DVD as of yet. It’s a tedious task. 24*2=48 discs. But I’ll do it If it makes sense. I think I have done enough but I want to be sure I didn’t miss any chance because I don’t really want to go to the mess that is point #4 below.
  5. Is a legal action, a consumer court complaint, viable? If so, what should I know about the process? Like cost and time involved. What is the process? I don’t really want to get into this as I hardly have enough time left after my work and family. I want to get a solution that does not involve a legal action. But also, I don’t want to ignore this. I will do it if I have to, provided it does not cost me a bomb (which probably it won’t be as I read somewhere that consumer complaints have become easier).

TL;DR: Flipkart is selling an incorrect region encoded product (tested two copies of the set) at 50% price and refusing to accept that product has wrong description and refusing to stop selling it. Have tried it on Indian region PS3 and Xbox 360, both of which are able to play ALL other Indian DVDs and Indian and region free blu-rays (in case ofPS3), just fine. They are offering me a refund, which I am ready to take, provided they accept that they were selling a wrong product and they won’t sell it further and both Flipkart and Disney offer an apology.

I have waited for a long time, 40 days so far, in hope of a solution. I have been continuously harassed by both sides. There were times when I used to get 2-3 calls from their delivery department or CS department and asking for delivery of replacement or about the issue. I had to explain to them every time what the issue was. And to top it, all they offer is refund. That, in my opinion, is not an acceptable solution in this case. They should really acknowledge their mistake.

P.S. My apologies for any grammatical/ spelling mistakes. Wrote most of this using Swype as my PC yet is not working. And I cannot wait any longer as it will dilute the issue and also, reverse shipping date is today.

P.S.2: I may have missed some information as it is a long post. I’ll add more if and when I remember anything else.

I have blogged it here: Flipkart’s shady business practices.*|*BT-G.com: The Everything Blog

And yes, thanks for reading. :)

Update: 25 Sep 2012

Its been a long time, I know, but, I did not give up.

Well, a lot of things happened in the past few months. In short, as someone suggested on some board for taking help from Akosha, I said fine. I took there paid service (500 Rs). They contacted both Flipkart and Disney for a long time but both companies did not contact me about anything. Finally, with there help, I drafted a letter to be sent to Disney, expressing my displeasure and mentioning that if they do not respond this time, I will legal route. This time a received a letter from Disney (very close to the deadline date we gave). In the letter they only said that they will send me a detailed reply soon and nothing else. So some more time passed. And Akosha suggested that we draft the legal complaint against them, as they may not respond at all. So the legal complaint was drafted and I was all set to go to the consumer court, come the next weekend, but, that week, on 18 Sep, I got the first call from Disney. They said they are very sorry about everything and they said they will send me Lost collection in blu-ray within 72 hours as compensation. I told them I was about to go to court this weekend and anyway it is too little too late. This thing could have been done way back in May, when this ordeal started. Its been more than 4 months! I said if you really want to restore faith in the company, do not sell products with mis-guiding labels. I said you can test it on your end.

I also told her I really doubt if they have the correct region encoded blu-rays as well. And I requested her to make sure the region coding is correct as I dont want to go through it again. She assured me. I asked her to send me an email (not from generic/ customer care email) so that I have atleast a point of contact in Disney to track the progress on what steps they take to correct region code on DVD collection and other products. She sent an email on 18 from some xyz@gmail.com and also mentioned that they would send me the bluray collection pack.

After a few days (last Wednesday I think), I got another call from Disney apologising for delay in sending bluray due to shortage of stocks. I had to repeat the same story. I asked is requesting a direct point of contact from Disney a huge deal? I said I want to track and be kept in the loop of how they rectify their mistake.I said its already too late to salvage image. I said I dont want the bluray actually, but please rectify the issue and let Flipkart also know. She said she will email me from a direct disney email address and also assured I will receive the pack by Monday (24 Sep).
She did send me an email from xyz@disney.com. But Monday passed yesterday, so I replied on the email asking for the status to which she said that they will dispatch it today and give me the courier details.

So this is the status ATM. Will update.

Any opinions/ thoughts/ advice are welcome.

Update: 26 Sep 2012
So I got the shipment of Lost Season 1-6 blu-rays. It is not a collection as such, rather Disney has sent me blu-ray packs for season 1 to season 6. I have tried a couple of discs from Lost season 3 pack, and they worked. I am assuming the rest will work too.
I have still asked them to investigate the issue and share their findings and what steps they have taken to correct it, with me.

Last edited:
You are correct that FK are selling a product which Disney has provided to them. If Disney do not accept that they are selling the wrong product then there is not much that Flipkart can do.

Also , I feel that since you got a good deal you are hell bent on keeping the deal and take flipkart to the cleaners . Since they are offering you a refund then the Shaddy pratice goes out of the window. Its more like you are stubborn to prove to the world that Flipkart did not test the product before giving it to you.

Let me tell you one more thing , Flipkart is a retailer who do not test products before putting them on sale. This is not as much a FK's mistake as there Vendors. I think you are hardone by but you also are at fault at being so stubborn.

You are not being harrased as if you had taken the refund the issue would probably been over . You have brought this upon yourself so blaming flipkart is wrong in this case .

Take the refund and tell the world that this product is being un-correctly sold.

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
ohh such a long reading ...... as 40days has gone & nothing seems to be going on your way..... i think 90% of the fault lies with Disney & mere 10% with FlipKart..

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
You are correct that FK are selling a product which Disney has provided to them. If Disney do not accept that they are selling the wrong product then there is not much that Flipkart can do.

Also , I feel that since you got a good deal you are hell bent on keeping the deal and take flipkart to the cleaners . Since they are offering you a refund then the Shaddy pratice goes out of the window. Its more like you are stubborn to prove to the world that Flipkart did not test the product before giving it to you.

Let me tell you one more thing , Flipkart is a retailer who do not test products before putting them on sale. This is not as much a FK's mistake as there Vendors. I think you are hardone by but you also are at fault at being so stubborn.

You are not being harrased as if you had taken the refund the issue would probably been over . You have brought this upon yourself so blaming flipkart is wrong in this case .

Take the refund and tell the world that this product is being un-correctly sold.

I am ready t take the refund provided they correct the description. Why would I not want to take a refund for some useless discs which are of no use to me? I buy from FK frequently. I do not want to suffer incorrect product description again. Hence still holding on.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Have a look at their fb page and you will know what they are upto these days.
Lots of cheating cases.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
IMO you are taking these things overboard..

TL;DR: Flipkart is selling an incorrect region encoded product (tested two copies of the set) at 50% price and refusing to accept that product has wrong description and refusing to stop selling it. Have tried it on Indian region PS3 and Xbox 360, both of which are able to play ALL other Indian DVDs and Indian and region free blu-rays (in case ofPS3), just fine. They are offering me a refund, which I am ready to take, provided they accept that they were selling a wrong product and they won’t sell it further and both Flipkart and Disney offer an apology.

I have waited for a long time, 40 days so far, in hope of a solution. I have been continuously harassed by both sides. There were times when I used to get 2-3 calls from their delivery department or CS department and asking for delivery of replacement or about the issue. I had to explain to them every time what the issue was. And to top it, all they offer is refund. That, in my opinion, is not an acceptable solution in this case. They should really acknowledge their mistake.

1. You got greedy on the 50% discount..
2. All companies primary goal is Sales clear all stocks, no matter how bad the product is. Period.
3. once you knew about the issue with region coding, you should have returned the product. With the refunded money you could go and but it in a proper music store after checking with the staff..( I doubt if the staff are technically aware about these issues)
4. DRM sucks .. deal with it. Owning a original copy and not begin able to use it is a pain.. I know that..
5. as there is a trade off between the discs and the price.. you could have simply converted the DVD to PS3 Format and then stored it on your PS3.. or you could have just used to PC as a streaming device for your PS3. The first thing I do when I buy a DVD is to extract and dump the content to my Network Media Player and then store the Discs it in my DVD collection to collect dust.

6. You are still watching DVD when you got a 1L+ rig to watch HD content.. :| , either buy a bluray or buy it digitally.

Final thoughts..

Either convert the discs to PS3 format or Stream to your PS3 Via your PC

or

Take the refund and buy/acquire it some where else.

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
Wow. This topic made me sign into Digit after 3 years. @OP and everyone, he created same thread on other forums (not sure if I can post link here) and 99.99% people disagreed with him.
FK is offering him a refund, and he is blowing things out of proportion. SMH

saswat23

Human Spambot
Refund is not what matters always, cheating a customer with faulty/defective product is the case here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I respect the OPs stand. I said the same on Techenclave. It is about FK accepting a flaw/mistake that is about it. They are adamant on their view, which is bad. But the most the OP can do now, is just to take a refund or be careful from next time when ordering. Keep it simple to books.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dude, you have to understand one thing, he's doing it to save other FK customers. Taking refund and keeping mum would just create victims like him. Some would protest some won't.

And, @Rcube,
What does that even mean. He did not buy this DVD because it had offer. To him its not ANY dvd, its 'LOST'. Give value to people sentiment.
2. All companies primary goal is Sales clear all stocks, no matter how bad the product is. Period.
And your goal is to accept every wrong that is done to you. Selling bad staff can't be a company policy, even if its, they can't admit doing it.
3. once you knew about the issue with region coding, you should have returned the product. With the refunded money you could go and but it in a proper music store after checking with the staff..( I doubt if the staff are technically aware about these issues)
The issue is not here what he should have done. Its, FK did wrong and they must do right.
5. as there is a trade off between the discs and the price.. you could have simply converted the DVD to PS3 Format and then stored it on your PS3.. or you could have just used to PC as a streaming device for your PS3. The first thing I do when I buy a DVD is to extract and dump the content to my Network Media Player and then store the Discs it in my DVD collection to collect dust.
He wants to watch his TV show as HE want them. Not as you think is right. Again, Pay respect to people sentiment.

6. You are still watching DVD when you got a 1L+ rig to watch HD content.. , either buy a bluray or buy it digitally
None of your business.

@OP, you are on right track. I, though not sure how much you would get help with this movement. But, do one thing, drop flipkart a mail citing that you have started spreading your story in internet forums and social media. And, thinking about going to consumer forum later.

Check their reaction.

Best of luck.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Also end of the day, why should the OP even go to Disney or interact with them. He is not getting the Discs at the rate Disney manufactured them. It is not some factory outlet purchase he did. FK, was the middleman and they bake in the charge for this service. So they better own up their mistake and assist the buyer in getting the proper merchandize. A refund is not a way to solve all mistakes. Why blame Disney. The OP should not even interact with them. The middle man has to solve it. The issue of incorrect packaging and wrong serial codes is between Disney and FK. All they should so is say "yes" we were wrong. Correct it on the website UI, and get him the proper discs. Instead they are misusing their size/monopoly position and refusing to accept and error.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
What does that even mean. He did not buy this DVD because it had offer. To him its not ANY dvd, its 'LOST'. Give value to people sentiment.
that means he got tempted with the discount and did not verify properly with the vendor.. as he mentioned he superficially scanned for Region Encoding. he should have checked it with vendor before ordering it if it was so precious..

And your goal is to accept every wrong that is done to you. Selling bad staff can't be a company policy, even if its, they can't admit doing it.
Nope.. I said its what companies do. im not saying defective products .. I am saying bad products. like the ones we are talking about..

The issue is not here what he should have done. Its, FK did wrong and they must do right.
for that he must get the vendors attention by visiting their Social Media Pages. if it does not succeed then he has to go to the consumer court to settle the issue. But over their the possible ruling would be a refund and removal of the said product from their site. but the Court ordering a written apology from the vendor on their site? my guess is as good as yours.

He wants to watch his TV show as HE want them. Not as you think is right. Again, Pay respect to people sentiment.
He cannot watch them as HE want them with the current discs.. I was just mentioning about the alternatives using the original discs.. if he wants the DVD then he cant watch it till he gets a Region Free or Region 5 Discs.

There is no point to argue when you know you cannot play the discs in his PS3.

None of your business.
okay.. let him enjoy..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flipkart’s shady business practices.
I've changed title to something more to the point.

Moving to the Service & RMA section as [Complaint].

One run away spam post deleted. Avoid those. Thanks.

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
@RCuber

IMO you are taking these things overboard..
I may be. That is why I am asking for an opinion here. And also, just because it is common or rampant, does not mean it is acceptable.

Yes I did. You have to understand two things here. I would have bought LOST sooner or later regardless of this offer as now that I am employed, I buy stuff to support the creator. If I would have waited for sometime as I wasn't exactly in a good position financially, probably and preferably I would have bought blu-ray, as I do most of the times. But seeing this offer, I got tempted. There was a lot of time (days) between when I first saw this offer and when I actually bought it as I was not overflowing with cash. In the end, I thought what the heck, and bought it, even though my missus wasn't amused. Secondly, yes, I like to get better deals for the things I buy. Do you not? What's wrong with a discount? Do you like to buy at MRP? That's the point of sale. To attract customers.

Correct. But they cannot mis-represent FACTS or hide them. In this case, they were not hiding, but lying.

That's the problem. Most are not aware of these issues. So a good possibility is even if a few more reported the issue, they may have accepted the suggested workaround by FK which is to use a region-free player or a pc. As the DVDs are not defective as such, most would have thought there is some "incompatibility issue" with their player, instead of realizing that their players are perfectly fine.

4. DRM sucks .. deal with it. Owning a original copy and not begin able to use it is a pain.. I know that..

I know. Which is fine, if I had known it before hand. Fact that I expected it to play as it was written on the package, it blows. And sucks harder.

Dude, I already have HD version of LOST on my pc. Now that I am employed, I TRY to buy things (apps/movies/tv series/ games) to support the devs/ creator)
Streaming HD content on PS3 has become a tough job for me these days. Too much lag on PMS.

6. You are still watching DVD when you got a 1L+ rig to watch HD content.. :| , either buy a bluray or buy it digitally.
As I said, I would have bought it on blu-ray if I had more money. For now I was ready to settle on DVD as I was not spending 5k on it, rather 2.5k. Also, no one to import LOST collection for me from UK/US. Here the blu-ray collection would cost bomb.

Final thoughts..

Either convert the discs to PS3 format or Stream to your PS3 Via your PC

or

Take the refund and buy/acquire it some where else.

1st suggestion: I already used to do it. So useless.

2nd: Thanks for your opinion. That's what I want to know. Whether I should be content with the refund or keep holding on. Opinion of you guys matter here, as I may not be thinking clearly as I have been affected. I may be biased.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yeah.Flipkart does delete reviews.
I wrote a small review for logitech z110.And told that when i bought it was 435.In few days it became 500.
They deleted that review.
there review guidelines say don't comment on the price

Top Bottom