First Pirated HD DVD Movie Hits BitTorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

Oh My. I dont have space for that file. Anyways downloading that file in india is painful with out 256 Kbps and they call it has broadband. lool

goobimama

 Macboy
@Saurav_cheetah: The rips that were on the net were ripped from HDTV broadcasts. HD DVD and Blu Ray offer much higher bit rate, better sound quality as well as the much debated 1080p.

I've already got 7 HD movies downloaded (HDTV rips, not HD DVD rips). File size is either DVD5 or DVD9 (for longer movies). The quality of these is simply amazing.

True it takes days to leech a 700MB movie, but at 7-8kbps what else can one expect? Leeching HD content always gives you amazingly fast speeds (full 32KBps on my 256k).

Also, it is pointless playing a HD DVD 1080p on a 19 inch monitor.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
even i have seen that when i burn a DVD RIP of 700 MB on my 25" TV using a DVD player and compair with playing the same Movie on a DVD9 format... there is not much of a difference... certainlly not any which can a naked eye wouldfind... though some time i felt that the i need increase the volume a little more for the ripped AVIs... apart from that performance is more or less same with Both 700 MB Ripped AVI or a 8GB DVD9 movie...

:(

kumarmohit

Technomancer
19GB:-O

Even with the Mbps speeds it will take eons to leech add to it the peer up load and we are talking in weeks and months (Thats excluding the data caps)

multi

lazy bone
saurav_cheeta said:
i dont understand... i have seen those 15GB HD DVDs over torrents and quite a long time ago ... this isnt a new news ??
yeah even boxset torrents are there with more than 20 GB , whts so fuss about big file size ?

like James bond 007 21 DIsc DVDr box set - torrent file size - 92.52 GB (Yes it's not typo , Ninty two point fifty two GB)

another is like LOTR 12 Disc DVDr box set -torrent file size - 52.62 GB

oh , they still active :rolleyes:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
See this too for something huge to download *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201476&postcount=7 . Unfortunately it seems that torrent isn't available now.

Blu-ray, HD DVD copy protection cracked
Tuesday 02 Jan 2007 - 10:09

A computer hacker claims to have broken the AACS (Advanced Access Content System) encryption specification used to control unauthorized copying on HD-DVD and Blu-ray video players.

The hacker, who goes by the name of Muslix64, said he wrote the software earlier this month after hardware compatibility problems made it impossible for him to play HD-DVDs on an Xbox that was connected to his PC.

"I started to get mad," he wrote in a posting to the Doom9.org discussion forum. "This is now what we call 'fair use'! So I decide to decrypt that movie."

Muslix64 has posted a video purporting to show the software decrypting a copy of Stanley Kubrick's 1987 film, Full Metal Jacket.

This development is a black eye for the new optical disc formats, which are both jockeying to be successor to the DVD. The Advanced Access Content System Licensing Administrator, the group that sets the AACS specification, could not be reached for comment Friday.

Seven years ago, a 16-year-old Norwegian named Jon Johansen performed a similar feat, cracking the CSS (content scrambling system) encryption scheme used by DVDs. Johansen was eventually acquitted on charges relating to the release of his decrypting software.

By cracking AACS, Muslix64 may have violated the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which prohibits users from circumventing copy-protection tools without the permission of the copyright holder, said Fred von Lohmann, senior staff attorney with the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Still, the software seems to have been written out of a legitimate sense of frustration with onerous copy-protection mechanisms, von Lohmann said. "He went out and bought a fancy new product that he thought would improve his experience and despite the fact that he's a legitimate buyer, it didn't work."

"When American consumers go and buy movies legitimately in the store, they should be entitled to play them back on whatever they'd like," he said. "Unfortunately that's not the set of rules that Hollywood seems to be embracing."

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
saurav_cheeta said:
even i have seen that when i burn a DVD RIP of 700 MB on my 25" TV using a DVD player and compair with playing the same Movie on a DVD9 format... there is not much of a difference... certainlly not any which can a naked eye wouldfind... though some time i felt that the i need increase the volume a little more for the ripped AVIs... apart from that performance is more or less same with Both 700 MB Ripped AVI or a 8GB DVD9 movie...

:(
I completely agree with your viewpoint :)

Thats why I have about 700 Movies in DivX/XviD Format :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
the keypoint is resolution.

DVD has resolution of 720X420 while HD DVD at 720p have 1280X720, there is a lot of difference in quality

However, i have myself seen one thing. right now DivX is also quite good. The same quality as a 720p/i HD video can be achieved with a DivX encoded file, at same resolution but with far lower bitrate of 6mbps only. Rest enhancement can be done using post processing filters.

H.264 is a good technology, however, sometimes I don't find it required right now. Most of the current PC monitors which are 19 inch or 17 inch do not go to 1920X1020 pixel resolution, in which case the video will be rescaled anyway, so insted of H.264, can't it be based on a lower files sized format like Xvid of DivX. 17 & 19 inch fill up the majority of PC monitors out there weather CRT or LCD

But, as we know, the market & these companies are targeting the TV audience with big screens, which again will require a new TV. How many of us are wiling to buy a new HDTV when our current one is working fine? Just like DVD took many years to take off, same will happen to HD Content India.

Does anymovies actually fill a hd dvd disk or blu-ray disk
is ther anymovie thats 25gb+
They could make 10in one HD DVD's or Blu-rays with movies in hd q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom