First build ever !! :-)

G-Force

Broken In
Hey guys,
I am a complete newbie to this forum. I've been reading through the posts of the members here and i have to accept it feels really nice how helpful and knowledgeable they are :doublethumb:!

Anyway, the point of this thread is that I am planning to build a new PC :cool:and since it is the first time i am doing so, I'll need your help guys. I just want everything to go right and don't want to mess things up:Fingerx:. I basically need this PC for watching movies, playing games, programming, editing movies and photos. I generally play games such as COD, DoTA, FIFA 2010, Assassins creed, NFS shift etc. I make use of Photoshop a lot too. So a PC which runs all the above mentioned programs smoothly is what I really want.

This is the configuration that I am going for::
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz

Motherboard: ASUS P7H55D-M EVO Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (Cost: Approx. Rs. 6500 /-)

Hard disk: 80 GB SATA (for OS)
Seagate® Barracuda 7200 RPM (1 TB ) (for storing data like movies, pics)

RAM: 2x(2 GB DDR3 1333) Kingston

Graphics Card: ASUS ATI Radeon 5770 (1 GB)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 (with a side window and blue LED fans)

Optical Drive: LG or Samsung DVD-RW

PSU: Cooler Master 500 W

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I have finalized so far. I have researched a lot everything seems to be compatible and available locally :bananana:.

If you guys think i should make any changes please go ahead and tell me. Also, do you think a 500 W PSU would be enough for this build? I plan to do some minor S/W overclocking using the ASUS utilities. Nothing serious though.

Thanks in advance !! Cheers !:doublethumb:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
yeah r u tryin to use 2 HDD or wht/?

well config cud be
i5 760 - 9.8k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 - 6.4k
Sapphire HD6850 - 11.2k (very powerful GPU btw)
RAM 2x2GB 1333Mhz - 3.6k
DVD writer -1k (max)
CM Elite 430 - 2.7k
PSU - Corsair VX450W - 3.7k

personally: for ur 30-35k budget u shud go for i3 processor

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

G-Force

Broken In
What is that 80GB separate HDD for OS? You gettin' some SSD or what? Not clear!
No its not an SSD just a normal SATA HDD. The reason for the seperate HDD is because I had a few problems with my current system and had to format and reinstall Windows. During this process I lost huge amounts of data. So a separate HDD for the OS sounded much better option.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
no need of dat imo.. go for single HDD only.. and if u r afraid of same prob in future too den go for 500GB hdd and purchase 1 external storage drive.. where u will have all ur backup data

OP
G

G-Force

Broken In
Oh well..there are a lot of software's to recover your lost data btw.
Actually, i tried recovering but most of the data was overwritten and nothing I could do ! :(

Thank you for the suggestion pulkitpopli2004 :).

I'll check that mobo and see if is easily available here in Pune. Is there a problem with the ASUS p7h55d? Because my friend has it and the OC'ing utilities are SWEET. It allows for dynamic overclocking and also has support for USB 3.0. Personally I think a 5770 would be more than enough. A 6850 is a beast but it's an overkill for my requirements.

Thanks again for the reply. :)

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
imo Gigabyte mobo are better than Asus..
bt d mobo i have suggested doesnt support USB3.0...
which ports u basically require from a mobo? is USB3.0 imp?

OP
G

G-Force

Broken In
imo Gigabyte mobo are better than Asus..
bt d mobo i have suggested doesnt support USB3.0...
which ports u basically require from a mobo? is USB3.0 imp?
I need a lot of USB ports. Basically for ext. HDD, connecting phone, webcam etc. To make the build future proof I am opting for USB 3.0. I don't plan to use dual GPU's so 1 pci 2.0 is enough for me. I feel that most of the new USB products will have USB 3.0 so that would be very helpful.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3L @ 7.4k
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 @ 8.4k
dese 2 mobo can fulfill ur req for USB3.0 within ur budget,, and go with HD5770 only.. it wud b fine.. oderwise 2 need to increase ur budget

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cooler Master PSUs to be avoided because they suck.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
PSU - Corsair vx450
A bad PSU will damage your PC over long term due to bad ripple and voltage regulation. Efficiency of over 80% will save you on electricity bills.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L @ 7.4k
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 @ 8.4k
dese 2 mobo can fulfill ur req for USB3.0 within ur budget,, and go with HD5770 only.. it wud b fine.. oderwise 2 need to increase ur budget

Well, I dont think the P55-US3L supports USB 3.0 .....

Top Bottom