First 1GHz Symbian Smartphone, Nokia 500 Announced

azzu

AJJU
Nokia seems to be on a roll, here. After launching the E6 and the X7 recently, they’ve announced the Nokia 500, their first 1GHz Symbian Anna smartphone. This new phone is based on the current C5-03, with a few minor tweaks and improvements. There’s no official pricing from Nokia, but they say it will be affordable, so I’m guessing around 10K given the C5-03 retails for Rs.8,500. Nokia will launch the black version in Q3, while the white version will come sometime in Q4.
*im.tech2.in.com/gallery/2011/aug/nokia500_021054224594_640x360.jpg
Feature rich for the price

With the faster processor and Symbian Anna, we can expect a much better multimedia experience. 720p video playback and recording should be possible, along with a better web browsing experience. The 500 will also feature exchangeable back covers (two are supplied with the phone) and a wallpaper that changes depending on the cover you’re using. We also have a slight bump in the battery department. It’s now a 1110mAh to compensate for the faster processor. The following are some of the highlights of the new phone:

3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen with 360x640 pixel resolution

3G, Wi-Fi (b/g), GPS with A-GPS support, GPRS/EDGE

Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP

5 megapixel camera

Memory expandable up to 32 GB, 2 GB built-in

Stereo FM Radio with RDS

3.5 mm audio jack

Symbian Anna

Oh, and I strongly recommend you watch this video walkthrough of the phone. You can thank Nokia, later.
[youtube]24xPEo0FFlY[/youtube]

source :tech2.com

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't understand why the sad companies don't include flash! :( I mean having a 5 mp camera with no flash is like having a ferari with bumpy roads :D

Top Bottom