firewalls !! which is good????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
ok ok whatever u say..... if u want to keep ur PC running at decent speed just use an updated windows XP SP2 firewall..... it blocks allmost everything bad....

Mothman

Right off the assembly line
i use blackice PC Protection its the best and use very little resources but word of caution its so good that you need to go manually give access to programs and even users you want to access on a network.. :)

go4saket

I am usng Zone Alarm... Its fine... But recently I found an error with it. There is a free web hosting site called www.95mb.com. Now, if you try to visit any web site hosted under this service with Zone Alarm 6 actiaved, all the pictures automatically becomes hot links and so are not displayed as the hosting service doesn't allow it.
A few example of sites hosted under this company are :

www.heritageofindia.com
www.aimms.com etc...

Check it out...

busyanuj

In the zone
Mothman said:
i use blackice PC Protection its the best and use very little resources but word of caution its so good that you need to go manually give access to programs and even users you want to access on a network.. :)

that's because during installation, BlackICE enables Application Protection feature. If you don't want to go through all that, simply go to BlackICE settings and disable the Application Control feature.

BlackICE firewall will still protect you from inbound probes, nonetheless.

pdet

Right off the assembly line
I am using zone alarm pro in my win xp home oem edition and tiny firewall amd64 in win xp x64 edition

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
These r my experiences...
1.ZAP : Very good..easy to use..good for first timers...but quite heavy on system...dont run it unless u have atleast 256mb ram

2.Kerio: Good one..light on system but quite nagging.....disturbs u with same permission screen again nd again.It will also be discontinued from deec 2005 so not a worthy one.

3.Outpost: Very good...pluginable...light...Added very good antispam but definitely not for beginers....Dont try it out before u have some knowledge abt ports nd protocols.

Avast free with outpost pro is the best combination u can get other than Mcafee 9.0+ZAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom