firewalls !! which is good????

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
used ZAP, using only Windows right now, coz it just aked for access wen my parents/aunt are working, that left them bewildered, so i decided to un-install it.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
i use zone alarm. but my system has slowed down very much.,..suggest an alternative..which is as effective as zone alarm pro and very good on system resources

sba

Journeyman
gdatuk said:
i use zone alarm. but my system has slowed down very much.,..suggest an alternative..which is as effective as zone alarm pro and very good on system resources
Sygate Personal Firewall is an excellent choice.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
ZoneAlarm Rocks !!!! Actually I am njoying a high-speed college LAN and there are sum buddies (budding hackers) who can take control of ne of our computers... though we can rely on them.... its always safeside 2 use a firewall..... they have created trozans and backdoors, which allow them to passively take control over ne computer once they are placed in there... they have "TESTED" their softwares with Norton Internet Security/Antivirus 2004 with all definitions updated... and in which it failed.... but Mcafee antivirus/Zonealarm 6 Combo predicted some "VIRUS LIKE" activity with those softwares...

Thus in ne case .... ZONEALARM FIREWALL with McAFEE 9.0 Professional .... the deadly duo 4 me I can fully rely on !!!!!!

digen

Youngling
Since a lot of talk with in this thread of application firewalls is its "memory usage" I would suggest the below three GNU/Linux based distros.

*www.ipcop.org/
*www.smoothwall.org/
*www.m0n0.ch/wall/

The above are excellent freebie solutions if you got a extra pc lying gathering dust.Oh btw you need no knowledge of linux to deploy them.
By having a separate firewall machine you are freeing resources on your pc.Plus the support & addons help to build,add features which would suit your requirement.

I would anytime suggest these Open Source solutions for a home or a small business.

rohanbee

Padawan
am using norton internet security and inbuilt spam control, spyware and firewall. Pretty happy with the all in all solution. At least dont have to do so many scans and all, as one scan by norton takes care of everything virusus, spam and spyware

H

harsh bajpai

I'VE TRIED A LOT OF FIREWALLS.
IF YOU MAKE SECURE TRANSACTIONS REVIEW YOUR FIREWALL SETTINGS CAREFULLY, GIVE IT SOME OF YOUR TIME. ALSO SEARCH FOR SPYWARES AND ADWARES USING microsoft antispyware or spybot OR both before every transaction.
best firewalls are zone alarm and norton personal firewall.
but if you don't deal with money from your pc the windows firewall which is a part of SP2 is quite good.. 8)

H

harsh bajpai

A very good combination is zonalarm firewall and kasprsky antivirus. they are not too heavy an the resources and are quite efficient.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
I am using Kaspersky Anti Hacker now , its sufficient i suppose .. I was using ZA but it created problems and often had conflicts with my os .. Kaspersky products are very good and i am using a combo of both its A/V and F/W.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
I use
zonealarm pro v.5.0.590.015
form digit JULY 2004 MINDWARE CD

obiviously p******** serial key

But its not heavy as latest 6.**** series, and stands up good ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom