firewalls !! which is good????

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdoc

Broken In
hi guys please post u r experiences regarding ur use of firewalls.i was using zonealarm for along time .its simple and anovice user dont need to mug up those help files whwich are bulky. off late i tried sygate and kerio too.kerio is simpler too.sygate offers u more options and is a bit complicated for the novice. but ifound it really good.also it hogs up very little memory when compared with other 2.kerio has a simpler interface , has this application monitoring facility thru which it monitors a change in application behavior even when u are offline. thats really good in detecting trojan horses and viruses.so it will compliment an antivirus in this regard. but the dis adv is that it hogs up more memory than the above 2.i think zone alarm has got some compatibility issues with some softwares but it still is good. i hope nobody has posted about firewalls recently. i didnt find any. inviting u r coments in this regard. also tell us about other firewalls that u guys have found useful.

allajunaki

Journeyman
ZoneAlarm Free Edition is a very good Firewall. But its quite heavy on the system resources... But the Light and Non Obtrusive Firewall is the Builtin Firewall in XP SP2 update...

techie_it

Broken In
hi guys please post u r experiences regarding ur use of firewalls.i was using zonealarm for along time .its simple and anovice user dont need to mug up those help files whwich are bulky. off late i tried sygate and kerio too.kerio is simpler too.sygate offers u more options and is a bit complicated for the novice. but ifound it really good.also it hogs up very little memory when compared with other 2.kerio has a simpler interface , has this application monitoring facility thru which it monitors a change in application behavior even when u are offline. thats really good in detecting trojan horses and viruses.so it will compliment an antivirus in this regard. but the dis adv is that it hogs up more memory than the above 2.i think zone alarm has got some compatibility issues with some softwares but it still is good. i hope nobody has posted about firewalls recently. i didnt find any. inviting u r coments in this regard. also tell us about other firewalls that u guys have found useful.
dude....ZoneAlarm..is Very good...USe the Link *www.zonelabs.com....Its very Good..and has a easy interface..and at first glance , you will understand it...very easily....and everything is tabbed..so its good tat way.....
next , When you download ZoneAlarm (yeah its free o use), the latest version has size of 5.54 MB...you can download it from here *www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp
you get a trial ver of ZoneAlarm PRo(AdvancedVer of ZoneAlarm),its a 15 day trail...but..its nice..and better that Normal Zone Alarm....i have been using...Zone Alarm..and to great Extent...things are under control

and inc ase you want to try something else.., you can try Tiny Firewall ,its also a decent one..to use...But my vote Goes to ZA....Its Awsome..(spellin rite????
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: )

Ashis

In the zone
Norton Personal Firewall Is best. 8)
Get Norton Internet Security 2004. :D
Have U tried Armor2Net Personal FireWall ? :wink:

medpal

Medic on Call!!
zone alarm is good but uses lots of resources.

i use sygate personal firewall free for personal use.

busyanuj

In the zone
refer to:
Code:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5547
Code:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6580

personally, I recommend BlackIce Firewall

G

gxsaurav

Really refer to the forum search before posting, it has already been asked many times,

Sygate Firewall Pro 5.5, 2 years using it, no probs

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ive tried zonealarm and sygate (free editions). i think that zonealarm is better. the windows firewall is very basic.

quad master

In the zone
Sygate Personal Firewall Pro Ver5.5 Build 2710 works gr888888! for me.

- Easy to configure.
- Excellent in working.

I highly recommend it.

I have not tried ZA but i am fully satisfied with Syagte as it exatly provides me with what i need.

OP
techdoc

techdoc

Broken In
tried blackice,tinyfirewall ,lookn stop and outpost
blackice failed the leaktest!!!!!!!!!!!!!
surprising considering many people here advice that its a good firewall!!!
it also fails stelth test at grc!!!
tiny firewall is little too complicated !!!
look n stop is a small prog less than 1 mb does a very good job!!utilises least resources.
out post is also good.

what i found was
sygatepro ,zonealarmpro, inbuilt fw of sp2, outpost are the best ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom