Firefox3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillainp

Journeyman
I'm trying out Firefox3. This is just about my first experience with FF, aside from a very brief time with FF2, and otherwise having seen it on other people's machines.

I'd like help with two or three things that I'd like FF3 to do.

In Maxthon 2, when you click on a link in favorites, it opens in a new tab. In FF3, however, the link will open in the current active tab unless you middle-click it (which I often forget to do, and is mildly annoying to boot). Is there a way to get FF3 to open bookmark links in new tabs by default?

Again, in Maxthon 2, when you click a link on a page, it opens a new tab in the background, next to the tab where the link originated. In FF3, however, the link always opens at the end as the last tab, and in the foreground, which is annoying. Is there any way to get FF3 to behave like Maxthon 2?

Also, can the bookmarks menu be broken up into multiple columns? It takes a heck of a long time scrolling up and down the way it is now (one single column).

Also, is there a text collector in FF3 like the Collector in Maxthon 2?

I tried Tab-Mix Plus, but it is incompatible with FF3.0.1

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Tab-mix plus for ff3 *tmp.garyr.net/tab_mix_plus-dev-build.xpi

i think it can be configured to open bookmreks in new tabs

OP
P

pillainp

Journeyman
On a related note, though, FF3 downloads at up to 100KBps on my 256kbps connection, whereas IE and Maxthon 2 get a maximum of 32KBps (note the difference KBps vs kbps).

I don't know how this works, but I'm now using FF3 almost exclusively for downloads from RapidShare.

OP
P

pillainp

Journeyman
I seriously have no idea what it's doing, and it's not a constant thing. Download speed varies between the low 30's, all the way up to 100 for short periods of time (a few seconds, maybe half a minute), but it is always wandering about in that range.

y2j826

Journeyman
On a related note, though, FF3 downloads at up to 100KBps on my 256kbps connection, whereas IE and Maxthon 2 get a maximum of 32KBps (note the difference KBps vs kbps).

I don't know how this works, but I'm now using FF3 almost exclusively for downloads from RapidShare.

on a 256kbps connection u get download speed of 27-33 avg, not more then that, 100 can b for a minute or so but not more then that . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom