Firefox Hijacks my IE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Help !

I have Firefox 1.5 and I was using it for quite a long time...

Now when I wanted to see how my site looks in IE, I went to IE and on typing the URL and pressing enter, it opened Firefox for the site !

Noteven the URL shortcuts are opening in IE, it just redirects that link into a new Firefox window !

I uninstalled Firefox thinking the problem might go away but now if I enter any site's addess and press enter IE says "Application Not Found" :?

How to get rid of this funny hijack !

Edit - IE is default and now it opens Opera ! I removed Opera too and now it again says "Application Not Found"

Please Help ! :cry:

Baroon

Broken In
Plz tell your version of IE and OS.

If you are using WinXP and IE6, then disable any addons of the IE which can be found under tools->Manage Add-ons.

Even there might be possibility of spyware or virus. Do check for them.

Hope this might work out. :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check out *groups.google.com/group/microsoft....n+IE+opens+in+Firefox&rnum=1#8eff0780b523f6d4 and see if any of the solutions provided there helps...

Arun

OP
QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Thanks Baroon and Sakumar79 for your replies !

I went to that group site and followed a few instructions.. Now from Y ! messenger if I click a site link, it opens 2 windows if IE in which one opens the site...

If I type any link it just crashes :(

Now whats the issue :evil:

anandk

Distinguished Member
ur problems seems to have compounded ! :)
try 'How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP'
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378
best wishes. i am also curious now, to know the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom