Firefox expands and contracts while loading pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

unni

In the zone
Hi,
I am a new user of Linux. I am using Mandriva Linux 2006. Whenever I click a link or press the Go button in Firefox (latest version), it expands and contracts horizontally while loading the page. Once the page is fully loaded, the contents of the page fits exactly my screen. Although its not a big issue, is there any work around for this?

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
The Firefox window is maximised.
The window border remains fixed. Its the contents inside the window including the toolbars and the portion which displays the text and pictures that change size.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I am not sure if this will work but had a similar problem in windows. Make sure the bookmarks toolbar is either hidden or atleast has one item in it.

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
Thank you all for your responses. Found the problem finally. I have been using 26 extensions with Firefox (I never noticed it before either :) ). Some of the extesions like Adblock, Google Notebook, ShowIP, Extended Status bar etc. had their sections in the bottom bar (status bar?) . The change in size was occuring when the progress bar was showing the page load status. Normally, the progress bar isn't shown, but when the page is loading, it comes up which pushes the rest of the items in the bottom bar; which in turn causes the change in size. Based on this theory, I have disabled two not so important extensions and the problem hasn't occured after that.

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
@ilugd
Wow!!
Gee.....Thanks. :D

@deathvirus_me
Well .. thats indention ... every browser does it ... u just notice it ..
But this never occured to me in Windows. I am using exactly the same settings and extensions as I used to in Windows. So, I was worried may be this is a problem with Linux.

Last edited:
OP
unni

unni

In the zone
Unni you can use quote button to quote anyone or use [ quote] tag.
The Quote message in reply? *tick box* just above Post Quick Reply button is shown as greyed. Thanks for pointing out about the quote tag. I knew it before, but somehow I forgot about it.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Not the 'Quote message in reply?' button but rather use the quote button at the bottom of the each post.

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
tech_your_future said:
Not the 'Quote message in reply?' button but rather use the quote button at the bottom of the each post.
Now, I have to admit that there is something seriously wrong with my eyes. Else, how could I miss such big buttons? Before learning Linux, I think I have to first learn to use the forum properly. Big thank U for pointing this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom