Firefox 3 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
i am having three problems with Firefox 3.

whenever i open the browser, i get a message window saying "Trying to load non-local URI". only on clicking next or closing the message box i can go to the main Firefox window.

second problem is when i am offline. when i get into Firefox (after that stupid message box), i can see this link:
Code:
*www.megaclick.com/notfound/?lg=en&type=dns&tbtype=megaup&q=*www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
however, when i am online i directly get
Code:
*www.google.co.in/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
which is set as my homepage. i think that the second problem is created because of the Megaupload manager/toolbar which i downloaded recently though i am not sure about this.

and now the last problem. whenever i am watching any divx video (embedded) full-screen Firefox just hangs (ditto for IE 7, Opera and Safari), though it works fine in windowed mode, and i have to restart the browser all over again. fyi, i am using vista ultimate.

help guys, this just irritates me to no end ::irritated::

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Did you check your pc for Viruses?

and i am not able to understand a single word from your post, please post with proper formatting

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Try uninstalling the megaupload toolbar, it can cause this problem.

You should also reset your user agent string.
Type about:config into the location bar and press enter. This brings up a list of preferences. Enter general.useragent into the filter box, this should show a few preferences (probably 4 of them). If any have the status user set, right-click on the preference and choose Reset

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
To remove "TRYING TO LOAD A NON-LOCAL URI" message:
1) click on "tools" in your firefox brower
2)click "Add-ons"
3) click "disable" megaupload toolbar
4)close firefox and restart it
5)done
This method doesn't have to un-install the megaupload toolbar. You can always enable this toolbar when you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom