Firefox 2.0.0.7 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
*gizmodise.googlepages.com/firefox01.jpg
Here we are with the latest update available for the worlds most used browser. No matter how much work you have , but spending even a single day without this browser is hard to imagine for any surfers. With the latest crucial update available since sep 18th 2007, I'm sure most of you have must have already updated it.

With my earlier post, keeping you in touch with the updates, I have updated it myself to make sure that I remain safe in this ever attacking & spamming world of internet - World wide web. Even though the update was about a code execution via QuickTime Media-link files, which would allow any hacker to control your box at will, I found firefox to be at lots of load after that update. IMHO, Firefox just caught cold. I dont know about how many of you face the below problems but...

The main problems I face are,

1) A delay while switching between Tabs

2) An increased time consumption while starting the browser

3) And a bit longer wait till loading some sites, to be specific sites with flash scripts.

FireFox 2.0.0.6 seemed to be quite stable and I faced no issues with it, but without the crucial update, the browser would probably be rendered obsolete & useless. Lets hope for a quick update from mozilla, as Uncle Ben (Ben Parker - SpiderMan) rightly said, "With increased powers (users) comes increased responsibilities."

Also posted at My Blog :- Gizmodise Feel free to comments or criticise either on this forum or my Blog

praka123

left this forum longback
still heisse security exploit page works,unless u disable java :(
try for urself and tell me do u escape from passwd stealing?
MAKE Sure u have JAVA installed and enabled in Firefox
*www.heise-security.co.uk/services/browsercheck/demos/moz/pass1.shtml

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes you are right...

So it means. still measures are to be taken .... hoping for a sooner update from them

praka123

left this forum longback
^this is reg ff2(2.0.0.x) only.I think the culprit is java!afaik mozilla devels holes asap.then still this passwd vulnerability means something external affecting and that i suppose is java.may be updated Java helps?(not yet tried)

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Well.. I'm here concerned more about Switching Tab issue, since I had to switch between them very frequently. Theres a general delay of about 2 - 3 secs while switching. I'd mailed an email to Mozilla development regarding this too, lets see if we get an update soon...

As far as vulnerabilities are concerned they keep on hitting after every update and keeping my finger crossed lets hope for a remedy for this too in the next update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom