Finally got my Ubuntu CDS Version 5.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Ok, so after some time I finally got my Ubuntu CDS and I have about 5 more left :D . Ill be more than happy to send them to anyone who needs it provided your near Kerala ( Im not sure whats the mailing charges going to be to other states :oops: ) ...

The version I have is 5.04 and it comes with an Install CD and a Live CD.

Also is there anyone who could mail me the DVD version of Ubuntu if you have it. Ill be more than happy to reimburse the cost of it :D .

Calcatian

Journeyman
*scosoft.com/s/e/2d6b962b.gif
I've been waiting....
I'm still waiting....
Shipit should be renamed to sleepit :!:
*scosoft.com/s/l/72e8bcf2.gif

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Havent installed Ubunut but have tried the Live CD out. I think its awesome. I would love to use the DVD version if I could order it somewhere or get hold of it. I didnt install UBuntu because Im using a dial up and something tells me Im going to have to download alot to get all the software I need.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
Since it a derivative of Debian it does not contains most of the softwares but it is quite suitable for an desktup user who have to deal with wordprocesor, internet, and other minor tit-bits.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
gauravnawani said:
Since it a derivative of Debian it does not contains most of the softwares
Just what do you mean by that? For your information, Debian package contains of 17000 packages at this date in its stable archive.
For an estimate, Debian's Sarge archive fills two 4.4GB DVDs ... tell me which other distribution has over 9GB of package archive??

gauravnawani

Journeyman
GNUrag said:
gauravnawani said:
Since it a derivative of Debian it does not contains most of the softwares
Just what do you mean by that? For your information, Debian package contains of 17000 packages at this date in its stable archive.
For an estimate, Debian's Sarge archive fills two 4.4GB DVDs ... tell me which other distribution has over 9GB of package archive??
Dont get excited! GNUrag
Its a slip of words.

What I ment was, Ubuntu is a derivative of Debian, but it only supplies single CD. The Single CD distribution misses out on host of other packages that are in Debian. Of course you can download many for Ubunto too, infact they have a DVD distribution too but for AMD64(as I am aware of).

And 2 DVD's not estimate its correct. Either 14CD's or two DVDs
I am myself in the process of acquiring the 2 DVD set soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom