Finally finished building my KILLER GAMING pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanishka

In the books..Studying
What about core i7 965 Extreme??Thoda paisa aur dalta toh fastest pc bana leta..

Anyways,great config bro..

Maybe just change cpu to core i7 920??

amitash

Intel OCer
What about core i7 965 Extreme??Thoda paisa aur dalta toh fastest pc bana leta..

"thoda paisa??!??" the thing costs 50k...nearly 4 times the i7-920's price...you can just OC 920 to 3.2Ghz with stock cooling to be as fast as i7-965...the 965 is only for ppl who want to overclock to more than 4.4Ghz with LN2 and stuff.

OP
N

newneo

Heads I Win Tails u Lose
yup a i7 920 with a 4870 CF wud be 1 helluva rig.

The performance difference between Q9550 and Core i7 isn't much. And I already have 4870 CF.:mrgreen:

Anyways,great config bro..

Maybe just change cpu to core i7 920??

Some of the high end pc components aren't available in India(and I don't want to buy from abroad). So, kabhi kabhi paise daalne par bhi kuch cheese nahi milti:D. At first I asked my vendor to bring me QX9650, but he couldn't find one in whole India. So, I settled for the Q9550. And it is not a bad processor at all. I can easily run it at 3 Ghz. I am happy that I didn't spend 50k on QX9650.

And, about changing the CPU to core i7 920. That is not possible on this mobo. And, I think you already know why.

Thanks bro for appreciating my rig:)

Last edited:

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
man i just added all ur prices... let me get this correct... you really spent 2,05,831 for that rig???? i want to get back to my senses....

OP
N

newneo

Heads I Win Tails u Lose
I hope youre talkin only about gaming...

Yeah I was talking about gaming. But if I overclock my 9550and compare it with a stock core i7 920 both of them performs almost same. By the way what happened to your rig???

Bhai, tune kisko loota? Kya khud ko kidnap karke gharwalon se ransom maangi thhi kya? :D

Kaiyee saal se woh paisa jama kar raha tha mein:D And now the rig is completely dead. I have wasted my money:(

Last edited:
OP
N

newneo

Heads I Win Tails u Lose
Unbalanced RIG. Warrenty should be available or did you bought it from grey market.
My Rampage Extreme's NB was overheating and so I RMA'ed it. After one week the guys from Rashi Peripherals told me that I will get a new mobo. Next week I asked about the mobo and they told me that the it has been dispatched from Mumbai and I will get it by 6th of February. When I asked on this weeks Monday they told me that the motherboard is out of stock. And they told me that they will surely tell me if they are able to find another Rampage Extreme within three days. After three days I called them (that is today) and one of the guys told me to give him my number and he will call me back within half and hour. And till now none of those @$$holes has called me. They were always saying, we will call you whenever the motherboard would arrive, but those goblins never called me. Only two Rampage Extreme in whole India. One with Digit and the other with me. Or maybe the one DIgit tested came to me, because the two stickers that advertised something about the technology used on that mobo weren't present on my mobo. :(

amitash

Intel OCer
Yeah I was talking about gaming. But if I overclock my 9550and compare it with a stock core i7 920 both of them performs almost same. By the way what happened to your rig???

If you can blive it im still waiting for the gigabyte mobo :(
Its not available anywhere in the whole country..Only Asus and MSI are available...I might scrap extreme and go for gigabyte UD5 though..no difference between them xept the extreme supports water for cooling for the chipset...Im not really fussed though, My exams are coming up and im not gaming anyway

OP
N

newneo

Heads I Win Tails u Lose
If you can blive it im still waiting for the gigabyte mobo :(
Its not available anywhere in the whole country..Only Asus and MSI are available...I might scrap extreme and go for gigabyte UD5 though..no difference between them xept the extreme supports water for cooling for the chipset...Im not really fussed though, My exams are coming up and im not gaming anyway

:twisted: I will get my Rampage II Extreme maybe this week or the next. And will get the Corei7 920 with the mobo. Hope this time it works. Oh God please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom