Finally brought my 5230

the_souvik

Addicted
Hey guys just sharing my enjoyment with you guys. I have been look out for a symbian and an andriod phone within sub 10k category for some time.(I personally feel spending 20-25k on a phone is not worthy). I knew about 5233,5235 and 5230 as a symbian device within 10k. But as all of you know the pros and cons of 5233 and 5235,I was left with the choice of 5230.But could not find the phone. After months of searching and pondering if straight buy an android phone ,I decided on 5235.I called My friend who works as an executive in mobile store to struck the deal.But he called me to say 5230 is available.(I could not find one). Now I am a proud owner of Nokia 5230.For rs 7549, I got the usual stuffs ( 2 GB memory card also) , a car holder,a watch I won in scratch card . What are your thoughts. Plz sombody pm me some applcations and tutorial on 5230.Thanks in advance.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Congrats buddy...

Now u have bought it...check for its update...Hack it...put some good applications and homescreens...and u r done:p enjoyyy

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
congrats souvik..but im thinking of buying 5235....Could you plz tell me pros and cons of Nokia 5235

Thnx buddy !

OP
T

the_souvik

Addicted
Thanks pals
I bought it with recent firmware update. Hacked it with Helloox.(but not sure it's working).How can I know my phone is properly Hacked?
Installed a lot of motion and touch games like firm frenzy,R thunder and others.but opera mini and opera mobile are not working.

Nokia 5235 is same as 5230.But price is 1000 bucks higher. Only advantage is ovi unlimited music download.
Other disadvantages are
1.It's a indianized version of 5235.It does not have all the specs of European model.
2.No regular firmware update.People use 5230 firmware.
3.Low volume( same applies for 5230)
These are my opinions . Many other can be found.But those are personal opinions. If you don't get 5230, go for 5235.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
u can easily know if ur mobile is hacked or not...just put an unsigned application like adobe pdf reader or quickoffice pro...u can also try ttpod music player:mrgreen:

OP
T

the_souvik

Addicted
No, some applications are saying expired certificate and bla bla bla. Actually when I run the helloox , It is taking infinite to unpack. Is ther any prob or should I try again.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if any software says that its "expired certificate"...mobile is surely not hacked...check google for ur firmware hack....its not necessary that last firmware was hacked with hellox soo this firmware will get hacked too by that.

I am a 5800 user soo cant help much:|...just google...

OP
T

the_souvik

Addicted
Google mamu says that new firmwares can not be hacked. I have to flash the phone with cfw.Will it void my warrenty.What are the problems I can face?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah even I too flashed my 5800 with hacked cfw...I dont think it will void any warranty...
warranty can void if-
1. U change the product number
2. Nokia people see that u r using a customized cfw instead of default one:p

OP
T

the_souvik

Addicted
Is there any android simulator for s60. Want it badly to experience the look and feel of Android before I buy it. ( Nov-Dec ). Does anyone know free player which plays flash files as my defaUlt flash player is giving system error when I try to play them.

Guys please help. There is no way to look forward if not you.

Guys please help. There is no way to look forward if not you.

Last edited:
OP
T

the_souvik

Addicted
Any one help me about scratch guard.the one provided is not going to last long. Where and how much to spend on a good scratch guard.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Any one help me about scratch guard.the one provided is not going to last long. Where and how much to spend on a good scratch guard.

Get a local one for Rs.70...and make sure the shopkeeper put it on ur mobile..coz its bit difficult to put it right:smile:

OP
T

the_souvik

Addicted
Thank u guys.you have been real help. How about buying a 16 gb card.How much It would cost and brand etc...Anything more you suggest.The handsfree is of medium quality.But I am ok with it.Anything good with in 500.

Thank u guys.you have been real help. How about buying a 16 gb card.How much It would cost and brand etc...Anything more you suggest.The handsfree is of medium quality.But I am ok with it.Anything good with in 500?

Last edited:
Top Bottom