Finally Bharat Ratna to Sachin R Tendulkar

ankush28

Bazinga
So finally Indian Governnent decided to give bharat ratna, the highest civilian award to Sachin Tendulkar.
:)
He is the first sportsperson to recieve Bharat ratna.
source : Sachin Tendulkar given Bharat Ratna hours after retiring from cricket : Cricket, News - India Today

Last edited:

sainath

Android Addicted
I have to say only one sentence for Sachin Tendulkar- Zale bahu, hotil bahu, parantu ya sam ha! :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
he deserves it.;-) he shouldn't have retired though. i saw(in mind ) a scope of around 4 years more, but in vain :-(

ashs1

Padawan
its a gr8 news..sachin definately deserved it..got very emotional with his farewell speech..its always sad to see a person of this calibre retire..sachin/dravid/ganguly/laxman/kumble/ponting/gilchrist/lara,etc.will all be dearly missed from on-field action..( ofcourse we will be seeing them off-field for doing analysis,commentary,ect.. :(

& also, not to forget Mr. C.N.R.Rao also got the prestigious bharat ratna award. ( currently serves as the Head of the Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India. )

$hadow

Geek in making
He totally deserves it. The government was late to give him this should have been done earlier.

digik

Journeyman
its a gr8 news..sachin definately deserved it..got very emotional with his farewell speech..its always sad to see a person of this calibre retire..sachin/dravid/ganguly/laxman/kumble/ponting/gilchrist/lara,etc.will all be dearly missed from on-field action..( ofcourse we will be seeing them off-field for doing analysis,commentary,ect.. :(

& also, not to forget Mr. C.N.R.Rao also got the prestigious bharat ratna award. ( currently serves as the Head of the Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India. )

Todays newspaper cites Prof. Rao's comment. He is not happy about Sachin's Bharat Ratna. He terms it as madness.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Sri Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar :-> JEWEL of India :-> Salutations
A LEGEND FOREVER IN THE WORLD OF CRICKET.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
he deserves it.;-) he shouldn't have retired though. i saw(in mind ) a scope of around 4 years more, but in vain :-(

What ??? I can understand the emotions but not the logic behind Tendulkar sticking around for 4 more years.

Sachin himself knows better that this is the time to call it quits. What else does he want other than a stable Indian side after his big shoes being called off for rest?? Its the right time for both himself and team India.

Fortunately, he was given the farewell he deserves while many of them dint see it though they deserved something (though not as much as Sachin did).

Top Bottom