Final Decision; which mp3 player should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
Hey everyone
Finally I've convinced my parents to let me buy my own mp3 player, so I'd like suggestions on which one to buy.
I was looking for the following
1. small size- (preferably smaller than a 30 gig ipod, thin is good too)
2. large memory - anything north of 4 gigs
3. long battery life- my current ipod 30 gigs has a battery life of roughly 2 hours, id like something with 7-8, or anything larger than 2 hours
4. video quality is inconsiquential, as i won't be watching any movies or videos on it
5. budget, im looking to spend around 12k max.
6. preferably available in delhi
____
I was considering the iPod Touch, cowon D2, A3 etc... but none of them meet the requirements

Secondly, I was wondering which headphones to buy.. they need to be a little durable. I was previously considering the sennhieser PX100's but they're a little too flimsy, since I'll be packing and un-packing in a hurry. I used to use the MX500, but im looking for something better. Please don't suggest the ep-630's, im looking for something better.
Price wise, I don't think i'd go above 5-6k.

Looking forward to your replies-

amitava82

MMO Addict
Sony 8GB Walkman or New model. Nothing beats it's sound quality. Also you don't need to buy separate headphone. It comes with quality headphone (worth $50).

rosen1

Right off the assembly line
Sony 8GB Walkman or New model. Nothing beats it's sound quality. Also you don't need to buy separate headphone. It comes with quality headphone (worth $50).

Good suggestion. karmanya You should go for this.

:cool:

moshel

Padawan
go for Creative Zen 4gb for 7K. u can add a SD card for expanding the memory. along with it get good earphones for abt 5k. like the V-moda Vibe or the cheaper V-moda bass freq. earphones.

check out *www.jaben.net/

Its based in singapore i ordered Crossroads mylarone SVi earphones from there and they are very good for $ 40.

for $100 you can go in for Westone UM1 or etymotic er6i (but this one is a tad too delicate).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for the new Sony Walkman. Its music quality is better than the iPod.....

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
Am intrigued with the sony walkman, how do the two compare in terms of quality? the older one is priced at 180 USD and has Fm and is physically smaller than the the newer one(priced at 200 USD and no fm.)
Wierdly enough, I asked around on the phone, and no-one in delhi has anything in 8gigs, only the 6- series which come in 2 and 4 gigs.
Any online site where I can get one without it getting mangled in customs?

Tamoghno

Padawan
I'd prefer creative over sony . I dont like sony's UI. Though it sounds very nice.
Also keep in mind the sd card are very cheap these days. So you can upgrade the capacity if you feel.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

i am using that 8gig for 1 week now...belongs to a colleague..gets like 12 or more hrs of charge..they say 20+ ... love..love the sound..buy it.... i got it from japan....dunno abt here...order it..its available in india...check if its in the sony catalogue or something

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
how's the after sale service on sony products? I havent heard great things about it. Plus the sony india site doesn't mention the 8 gb player, only the 4 and lower ones.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
+1 for sony's latest walkman. Sony has excellent after sales service but only thing is that they are a bit strict in warranty.

Check with Sony World about 8Gig player. If you can't find it, next best option will be creative Zen player. 8Gig costs around 7k i think.

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
Actually guys I've changed my mind.. instead of a 8 gig player, i am getting a 4gig pendrive(transcend 400rs)+80 gig portable HDD(2,800)+a 4 gig player.
I should have a better chance finding a cheap, small, thin and light player if i tone the memory down. so if i pick up a player in around 5k i can get that, a pair of CX300's and the pendrive+porta HDD for the amount i would have spent on just the headphones and player alone.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Actually guys I've changed my mind.. instead of a 8 gig player, i am getting a 4gig pendrive(transcend 400rs)+80 gig portable HDD(2,800)+a 4 gig player.
I should have a better chance finding a cheap, small, thin and light player if i tone the memory down. so if i pick up a player in around 5k i can get that, a pair of CX300's and the pendrive+porta HDD for the amount i would have spent on just the headphones and player alone.

If u were not posted this..........I would've recommended Cowon D2.........its THE BEST.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom