MegaMind

Human Spambot
Re: FIFA 12 Specs

Cant stop laughing on these...

[YOUTUBE]11VL5MGNhhE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]P1rYKA8_IfU[/YOUTUBE]

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Pretty good reviews so far.Should get my copy tomorrow or the day after.
FIFA Soccer 12 Review, FIFA Soccer 12 PS3 Review - GameSpot.com

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
This is completely different to Fifa 11 PC in a more realistic sense.Got whooped by AI but won my first online match quite easily.Everyone is crap at defending at this stage :))

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^you got owned by bots? :lol:

anyways, those who didnt get the Free Ultimate pack..., email EA support, they should send a redeem code ;)

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
The online is completely lag free,and I haven't seen anyone use any exploits or cheap tactics yet.However you can't see which team or kit your opponent chooses.This may lead to kit clashes.Haven't happened to me so far though.

mitraark

Decrepit
This is completely different to Fifa 11 PC in a more realistic sense.Got whooped by AI but won my first online match quite easily.Everyone is crap at defending at this stage :))

^you got owned by bots? :lol:

anyways, those who didnt get the Free Ultimate pack..., email EA support, they should send a redeem code ;)

I got 0-8 hammered once by Barca , with Chelsea !

Will take some time to get used to defending :|

mitraark

Decrepit
FIFA 12 doesn;t have any option for LAN Play ... this is going to change everything , everyone plays FIFA 11 on LAN in our hostel :( They might not shift to FIFA 12 :(

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Hmm...So everyones complaning about the toughness in defending in fifa 12.

The tactical defending, as the game calls it, is more realistic and challenging giving you something more to do instead of just holding 2 buttons to crudely take the ball like in the previous installments.

Using a 360 game controller at normal setting.
The basic standing tackle is done by B(circle) button, while the X(square) takes care of sliding tackle. Big change is that The A button will now contain your opponent. That is instead of doing anything even remotely productive, your player will just move along with opponent on ball. I'd advice you to loose the habit of holding that button down cuz it rarely helps in defending let alone being tactical.

Now, Basically the left trigger (one under your middle finger of left hand) most important button while defending, will jockey the player around. Hold down right trigger and player will sprint. Hold them down together, Player will sprint jockey. The right button will tell your computer controlled player to contain the opponent.

Now thats the basic. The key to good defending is being tactically smart. Against a weaker team(or at amateur/semi-pro difficulty), its quite enough to jockey along and put up a standing tackle once the opponent shows you too much of the ball. Like when he's sprinting or is very close face to face with you. Only thing worth remembering is that players now take nice few seconds to regain control after a failed tackle. So its better to time your move rather than pressing the button everytime the opponent gets close.

At harder difficulty levels or with equally matched teams, you have to pay more attention to opponent's position and players. One good way to defend is to hold the right button and let your teammate do the containing while you jockey around at distance along with him. In this once opponent gets clear of your teammate (by tricks or something, anything, the CPU controlled player will always suck up a bamboo) and tries to sprint away, you can try to hold him.
Or, most likely the opponent will pass the ball to nearby player, all you gotta do stay close to him and/or try to intercept the ball. Once you start jockeying around the player and he has no where to pass (like near the D where its crowded by defenders and midfielders) he will probably make a mistake and screw up.
At professional difficulty, the opponent will pass the ball around a lot, so you gotta be active and switch players often and keep on holding them off.
You can always use the not so friendly method of push-pull at a swifty winger to buy some time to get your players fall back at defence line. But careful, a lot of shirt pulling can result in foul or at most a card.

The sliding tackle has its big change aswell, the players with lower defending stats(read forwards) will almost everytime fail to get the ball by sliding tackle and at the most will kick it out of play. While the likes of Pique or V. Kompany will atleast get it clear off opponent.

Any more tips?

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Pretty much summed up everything there.I try to close people down quickly and try to block their passing options.In Division 5 now.

While attacking,moving the ball around a bit with LT throws off most opponents online.
Take a touch before shooting.First time shots look good but rarely go in.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Here's my starting line up for Manchester City, Manager mode, season 3.
GK.H Lloris - 90
Defence
RB. Sergio Ramos - 87
RCB. Pique - 91
LCB. V Kompany - 89
LB. D Criscito - 88
Midfield
CAM. Lucas - 88
RM. David Silva - 90
LM. S Nasri - 88
Forward
ST. Tevez - 88
LF. L Messi - 95
RF. Neymar - 89
Yeah yeah, i know managing MC is like sliding down the money mountain with no pants on screaming "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". But hey, atleast i'm not buying Rooney and making his fat behind rot on reserves bench just to rub it in United's face. Oh wait a minute, I TOTALLY AM!!!
Muhuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Top Bottom