FIFA 11 PC Discussion Thread

mahesh

naughty boy :) :)
Hi all,
Is anyone tried fifa 11 pc using keyboard? I have installed that and i am playing that. I have configured the key board settings too. For taking free kicks and all how to use the keys for curving the ball and all. Also the same for the penalties. I have pressed the key for skill move and followed the way they explained in the tips. But it is not working for me. Can anyone please help me!!!

OP
mahesh

mahesh

re: FIFA 11 Pc Discussion Thread ??

^^ for other controllers like pass, shoot, sprint are working fine...... so i dont think that i need a reinstall. don't i?

abhidev

Human Spambot

Hi all,
Is anyone tried fifa 11 pc using keyboard? I have installed that and i am playing that. I have configured the key board settings too. For taking free kicks and all how to use the keys for curving the ball and all. Also the same for the penalties. I have pressed the key for skill move and followed the way they explained in the tips. But it is not working for me. Can anyone please help me!!!

Hey isn't the game lagging for u...coz it is for me.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ on your rig it should not lag - on which OS you are running the game at what resolution and gfx settings - try using all updated drivers and directx runtime.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

^^ on your rig it should not lag - on which OS you are running the game at what resolution and gfx settings - try using all updated drivers and directx runtime.

i guess abhidev is using windows 7 64bit.....
@abhidev: try the compatibility mode of windows xp sp3 or sp2.....

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

I managed to run it at 60fps all the time with maxed settings. I think HD4850 i capable of pulling. Something is wrong!

abhidev

Human Spambot

i guess abhidev is using windows 7 64bit.....
@abhidev: try the compatibility mode of windows xp sp3 or sp2.....

I hv lowered all the settings but still no effect...but i saw one fix which kind of smoothened the game play a bit by changing the sound sampling rate to 44.1khz...

OP
mahesh

mahesh

in my system it runs very smoothly without any lag. i am using vista 32 bit.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

@abhidev: as u can c lots of users r playing it smoothly...so the conclusion is dat there is some problem with FIFA setup....

rgsilent

Broken In

Oh yes, does the game crash a lot for anyone just after one completes a match in the manager mode? it happens with me a lot.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??

in my system it runs very smoothly without any lag. i am using vista 32 bit.

Guys, i dont think the game has any problem whatsoever.
I might cuz your not doing it right.
Its difficult on keyboard.
Ok, assuming you are having problem curving the ball while free kick, solution is to press and hold the left or right arrow to swing ball respectively then, when player's foot is about to hit the ball, during his run to the ball.
Next, i didnt get what exactly is your problem with penalty shoot outs.
Next, as for skill tricks, [a]the skill modifier[/b] key (let us assume it to be spacebar), is to be tapped when you want to perform the trick.
Example, double tap space to perform ovev the ball dummy.
Hit space while sprinting with ball to push it forward.
Space>left>right>left, between the legs, while going left with ball.
Space(hold)>up>left>down>right>up, 360. Quite impossible to perform on keyboard.
Hope this helps.

abhidev

Human Spambot

Hey guys i finally found the reason as in why the game was lagging on my pc...the reason came out to be my cpu is a bottleneck.....well i want to upgrade my pc very badly if only i can find a way to sell my pc components. Please reply to this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/133411-sell-cpu.html#post1292906

OP
mahesh

mahesh

Guys, i dont think the game has any problem whatsoever.
I might cuz your not doing it right.
Its difficult on keyboard.
Ok, assuming you are having problem curving the ball while free kick, solution is to press and hold the left or right arrow to swing ball respectively then, when player's foot is about to hit the ball, during his run to the ball.
Next, i didnt get what exactly is your problem with penalty shoot outs.
Next, as for skill tricks, [a]the skill modifier[/b] key (let us assume it to be spacebar), is to be tapped when you want to perform the trick.
Example, double tap space to perform ovev the ball dummy.
Hit space while sprinting with ball to push it forward.
Space>left>right>left, between the legs, while going left with ball.
Space(hold)>up>left>down>right>up, 360. Quite impossible to perform on keyboard.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for this reply.
By the way did u try these tricks using key board?

Top Bottom