Fedora Linux 8 Final Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
sure,i will try a fc8-gnome-livecd for a demo of pulse audio and integration.but dont want to install anything(infact no hdd space!).3 days back installed gutsy.and my Debian Sid is now nearing 8 months.Debian gives me satisfaction :) i was a RH user long time back. rantings over ;)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Cool G5 said:
Great.Dying to get my hands on it.
I have got a copy, not sure if it's x86 or x86_64. I beleive it's the former. If you need it you can collect it from VJTI.

And anyone tried pairing the phone with bluetooth on F8? We tried pairing a Nokia phone via bluetooth and were able to browse all the contents on the phone and on the MMC. That was great :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
mehulved - Try Gnome Phone Manager (SVN version perhaps). Its great, allows you to send messages and notify when an incoming one comes in. Plus its gonna become something more soon (Sync and all). :)

mehulved

QwertyManiac said:
mehulved - Try Gnome Phone Manager (SVN version perhaps). Its great, allows you to send messages and notify when an incoming one comes in. Plus its gonna become something more soon (Sync and all). :)
I don't have GNOME. Nor do I have a phone let alone a bluetooth enabled one :p
But, if it works out of the box in Fedora. It can be a great thing to recommend to a lot of people.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
mehulved said:
I have got a copy, not sure if it's x86 or x86_64. I beleive it's the former. If you need it you can collect it from VJTI.

And anyone tried pairing the phone with bluetooth on F8? We tried pairing a Nokia phone via bluetooth and were able to browse all the contents on the phone and on the MMC. That was great :)

You mean VJTI college??

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I wanted the 32 bit.
Anyways i will wait till Dec.I think Digit will provide it.
Also like Ubuntu Shipit service does Fedora has any service to provide dvd??

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I had Test 3 installed so just updated the packages on Wednesday Night.Got a problem while installing compiz-fusion , something like compiz-fusion obsoletes beryl-plugin : dependency issue. Anyone got this error ?

mehulved

Cool G5 said:
I wanted the 32 bit.
Anyways i will wait till Dec.I think Digit will provide it.
Also like Ubuntu Shipit service does Fedora has any service to provide dvd??
I believe there's a copy of it at HBCSE. I will check it up after 18th and tell you.

mehulved

LUG - Linux Users Group
List of LUG's in India - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2775
GNU/Linux Users Group of Mumbai - ILUG-BOM - *www.glug-bom.org/Data/ObjectType/I/ILUG-BOM/viewObjectType
HBCSE - Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Mankhurd
HBCSE has usually been the centre of activities of ILUG-BOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom