fedora 7 from digit DVD to my DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
gees.. guys.. i feel embarrassed.. :p

The referred sector :rolleyes: definitely needs to be there to allow the booting process from a CD as well as a for Mr lova lova :D

btw.. i do not understand what possible reason u have to remove the digit files.. is the digit dvd 8GB and u r finding it difficult to find and purchase a dual layer dvd to copy fedora? Anyways all u need to do is copy the digit dvd to a iso image on ur hdd then open it in a program like magiciso or poweriso and delete the digit software content folder and the autorun inf(or modify it) and leave the rest of stuff then save the file. this way all other content as well as the boot (not gonna do the same type again :D ) sector will remain intact. and the remaining image will fit on a standard single layer dvd. even of u leave some files on the dvd from digit interface program they wont make a difference.

and the torrent method specified in not going to work. u will end up downloading the whole file again. as present bittorrent client technology does not process recovery from shifted data. so even if the content is off by just one bit the whole file will seem corrupt to the client and it will download the data again.. defeating the point.

Last edited:

rohandhruva

Broken In
I still don't understand .. Was the method I listed way to difficult to follow ? Any feedback on that ? That method will give you an ISO that is 100% same as Fedora's official iso ...

praka123

left this forum longback
@rohandhruva:fedora torrents are ISO's afaik.they dont have distributed files as in digit dvd!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
praka123 said:
@rohandhruva:fedora torrents are ISO's afaik.they dont have distributed files as in digit dvd!
yeah but thats what rohan said. it'll automatically delete those 'not required' files and make it like an original fedora dvd iso. i hafnt tried it tho.

Rollercoaster

rohandhruva said:
I still don't understand .. Was the method I listed way to difficult to follow ? Any feedback on that ? That method will give you an ISO that is 100% same as Fedora's official iso ...

Guys did u even read my post!

if u point a fedora torrent to a digit dvd iso file.. the most probable thing would be that the whole file will get downloaded again.. because even if the data in the digit dvd image is off by 1bit (very high probalility) in relation to the fedora ISO then the checksum wont correspond i.e the torrent client will reject all the data and will have to download it again.

infra_red_dude said:
yeah but thats what rohan said. it'll automatically delete those 'not required' files and make it like an original fedora dvd iso. i hafnt tried it tho.

a torrent client does not work on files. it considers the whole data as one single stream constituted of equal sized blocks which in turn are divided in 16Kb pieces. so it will compare the data on the digit iso , by reading it as blocks, to that of the checksum a torrent file contains.. which of course wont match.

Last edited:

mak1012

Journeyman
Rollercoaster said:
Anyways all u need to do is copy the digit dvd to a iso image on ur hdd then open it in a program like magiciso or poweriso and delete the digit software content folder and the autorun inf(or modify it) and leave the rest of stuff then save the file. this way all other content as well as the boot (not gonna do the same type again ) sector will remain intact. and the remaining image will fit on a standard single layer dvd. even of u leave some files on the dvd from digit interface program they wont make a difference.

i'm agree with him.... even when i first read the problem, i was thinking the same solution hope it will work.:)

V

vineeth.gk

download magic iso maker *www.magiciso.com/download.htm
for details go to its tutorial on site

Last edited by a moderator:

hcp006sl

Journeyman
vineeth.gk said:
download magic iso maker *www.magiciso.com/download.htm
for detali go to its tutorisl on site

Is there any problem if you download WinRAR instead of magic iso maker??????????????

V

vineeth.gk

magic iso maker is better than winrar
it has powerful features like extracting boot image creating multibooting disks:D :D :D

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Has anyone Boot the New DVD successfully?

I made an ISO image of Digit July DVD using Nero. Then I deleted the files, folders of Digit, remaining only Fedora 7 files & folders. Please see the image below:

*img486.imageshack.us/img486/7524/fc7enmsisorp1.th.jpg

Is all correct in this image? Have I deleted any fedora file? Will this DVD boot now?

Have anyone of you tried this method and has that DVD Booted, run and installed successfully Fedora?

Will I Burn this Now?

unni

In the zone
Guys did u even read my post!

if u point a fedora torrent to a digit dvd iso file.. the most probable thing would be that the whole file will get downloaded again.. because even if the data in the digit dvd image is off by 1bit (very high probalility) in relation to the fedora ISO then the checksum wont correspond i.e the torrent client will reject all the data and will have to download it again.
a torrent client does not work on files. it considers the whole data as one single stream constituted of equal sized blocks which in turn are divided in 16Kb pieces. so it will compare the data on the digit iso , by reading it as blocks, to that of the checksum a torrent file contains.. which of course wont match.
In BitComet, there is a manual hash check option. You can run it and easily find out, I think.

Rollercoaster

that wont work either, the the same reason.

isnt this thread a bit too old

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.