Fedora 4 is AWFUL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
sba said:
You provide them cheaper CDs...
This kind of explanation can never be held in a court of law, if and when, SuSE decides to sue the site. There are various sites on net distributing free version of SuSE at different prices in name of the cost of CDs and handling, so there is no long or short arm of law existing in this case.
You are sending dumb signals. A company dealing with CD distribution as a busisness will get better bargain than me.

Two wrongs dosent make one right, wrong is wrong at any place in time. It might be jucy for you but Redhat did sue(when they decided ofcourse) some of the main sites (linuxiso I can recall) when they were offering Redhat8, 9. And they did infact stopped "supposdely distribution" after that.

For your information
*www.novell.com/products/linuxprofessional/eula.html

See the Novell site clearly have two distributors of its products in India. None other.
*www.novell.com/products/linuxprofessional/resellers/asia/india/index.html

sba

Journeyman
gauravnawani said:
You are sending dumb signals.
Everytime you don't know about something you start making derogatory remarks about your fellow users? Just shows the kind of upbringing and family background you've had.

Another topic effectively over for me cos of you :)

gauravnawani

Journeyman
sba said:
Everytime you don't know about something you start making derogatory remarks about your fellow users? Just shows the kind of upbringing and family background you've had.
You are a strange creature, first you write stupid things without any reasoning or logic. Then run away with tail between your legs, without dignity. Without dignity because you misuse derogatory as your exit stance, immaterial of how ugly you yourself get.

I dont mind your saying useless things, thats kind of expected from any one named sba.

Oh BTW before running away this time you forgot to read the links I posted, no problems I guess you were quite busy escaping.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
i have tried 3 linux versions earlier,none of which supported my aureal sound card.The result was formatting the hard disk and even repartitioning once.I could not work on linux bcoz there was nothing called "multimedia".But the new FC4 is stupendous and excellent.This has made me switch from windows to linux.I m studying unix commands and finding it very interesting.The most important thing which made me change my perception of linux is the freedom and great control over all the things in the OS.I have made a resolution that when i get into practical life,i shall stop using windows(and all the pirated softwares associated with it) and use linux in my new laptop.

Thank you Digit for changing my pc's life and making it enter into legal world.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
Hi tech_cheetah Its good to hear that you realise the usefulness of OSS in everyday life.

Its a matter of developing taste, most people resist changes but it needs curiosity and patience to get through most changes. As an user working on Linux for few years now I can assure you if you have goal in sight (the result/work) to get from your Linux machine few little problems where and if they exist will not hold you back.

Welcome aboard. :)

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
We have far deviated from the thread. Let me remind thnat we are supposed to comment on FC4 only, if it is awful or is it full of awe!!

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
FC4 is not awful.its surely better than its earlier versions.Just becuse it does not suit your needs you should say its awful.

PS:please find a distro that suits you and stick with it.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
vignesh said:
FC4 is not awful.its surely better than its earlier versions.Just becuse it does not suit your needs you should say its awful.

PS:please find a distro that suits you and stick with it.

I agree with it there is no need to put comments on any distro that dosent appeal oneself. General aprehension is that any KDE loving person talks about other distro and puts down FC, Ignoring that fact that major KDE distros ignore GNOME too that means a GNOME guy can do the same.

The thing of imporance is that we get choice of plateform in either distros and the DE.

cryptid

Journeyman
But Suse 9.1 personal version was for free may be digit provided the professional or enterprice version
and please tell me which months what distros were released by Digit i will try and get them( i am not a annual subscriber of Digit and so i dont know)

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I am not sure but ok Suse 9.1 pro is the one that costs but still I rememver seeing somewhere that its an eval version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom