Fed up with bsnl!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
hello everyone, i use a bsnl 620 home UL. i face problem of random disconnections.
i have complained 50 times i think. they came and changed main wire, didn't work. after that used a machine which showed errors in line. they fixed that too. still problem doesn't go.
u guys have any idea of the problem? :(

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Reconnect the wire to the box inside your room. The box which converts the normal cable so you can connect phone jack. Reconnecting I mean open the box and then open the screws then reconnect with screws

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i recently had same issue.bsnl guys kept changing wires but net was disconnecting though adsl was stable at bsnl end.Finally came to know that my house internal telephone wiring was old and was causing problem.Thus giving the wire directly from window solved the problem.

So try checking ur internal telephone wiring in house if any.

as said by tech freak also check the adsl splitter if it has any issue.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
gopi, yes they gave me new wire from window only. direct. still it doesn't solve,

ok let me try that splitter thing.

Not the splitter exactly but the box which converts the wire coming from outside to the Jack a telephone uses. If possible will post a pic of the thing I am talking off if you are not sure.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Check the splitter box. Faced same issue, BSNL technician change that box and my problem solved :)
Also check if the modem is ok or not.

*www.deltapage.com/product_images/s/785/Splitter_-_Image__00979_zoom.jpg

splitter box

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Actually I meant this-
*i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u442/thetechfreak/IMG032.jpg

Just took the photo :p

edit: Reconnect the black wires.

Last edited:
OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
tenida i have tried with connecting main line to modem directly, bypassing the splitter. still doesn't work.

thetechfreak, i dont see anything such here :D

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
had a simlar issue, got the line changed, then passed it through appropriate splitter port to modem , then from splitter to all other phone.

Did you check the signal strength as reported by the modem?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Thing is I posted pic after opening box. Check the boxes in the room regarding telephone. You will surely find something like this. period.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
One important thing Friends,this issue and problem seems to crop up every nook and corner of the country.According to our various Forum Friends,scattered all along the length and breadth of this country(the real location of Forum members)...the problem seems to be the same.
Is it due to server related issues of BSNL?
Is it their internal problems(I mean technical + political)?
Or ,it may be that BSNL is experimenting with internetwork IPv6 protocol(just an assumption???!!!)
Problem is persisting.

ritvij

rated R
same thing is happening with me.. random and frequent disconnections! will change splitter today and see!

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
had a simlar issue, got the line changed, then passed it through appropriate splitter port to modem , then from splitter to all other phone.

Did you check the signal strength as reported by the modem?

???

Thing is I posted pic after opening box. Check the boxes in the room regarding telephone. You will surely find something like this. period.

i know but i dont find anything such :D

One important thing Friends,this issue and problem seems to crop up every nook and corner of the country.According to our various Forum Friends,scattered all along the length and breadth of this country(the real location of Forum members)...the problem seems to be the same.
Is it due to server related issues of BSNL?
Is it their internal problems(I mean technical + political)?
Or ,it may be that BSNL is experimenting with internetwork IPv6 protocol(just an assumption???!!!)
Problem is persisting.

hmmm

same thing is happening with me.. random and frequent disconnections! will change splitter today and see!

bypass splitter and see.

robbinghood

Journeyman
Even I have the same problem check this recent thread from me!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/broadband-dth/157638-bsnl-broadband-connection-problem.html

koolent

Youngling
I do not face disconnection but with UL 750, I get speeds of 50 KB/s :-(.

Need to call the BSNL guys to repair the line.. Also a technitian to check the configuration of the modem.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Yesterday,on 2nd of June,2012 I WAS COMPLETELY OFFLINE for the major portion of time.
My ADSL2+ router/modem by D-Link(DSL-2520U) was only showing the power LED light and LAN led light in on position(means glowing).The DSL and Internet LED was off most of the time.Today the BB tripping is occuring but less frequently.
The splitter is new,provided by the D-Link ADSL2+ modem.
The problem is very,very frustrating.....
Let's see,tomorrow,I have/must to purchase the necessary wires,LJU(Line Jack Unit)(TFCA-LJU-6) box,3 ADSL splitter boxes.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
im not sure if its applicable everywhere in India , but here is my story..

I had a BSNL BB connection for about 5 years and started giving me trouble about a year ago.. I decided to go with Airtel and applied for it. once I go the Airtel connection my dad submitted a request for BSNL disconnection. the within 6 hrs they call my dad and asked for the reason for the disconnection.. My dad answered "I get frequent disconnections/unstable connection" , the promised that they will change the line and make sure our connection is stable.. they did persuade my dad to retain the connection, but as I had already got Airtel .. there was no point in continuing the connection.

The call came from a different BSNL office than my local exchange.. so that means they do take disconnections seriously..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
OT

After travelling 20 kms by auto and reaching bsnl csc, this is what happened with me :shock:

*i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/6/2/Ox6Fr7HrUkykX1lDhXfbWA2.png

He did not even register a complaint , as if it is my resposibility to look for the tower incharge of my area!

So if you don't have personla contact with the lineman, stay away from BSNL broadband

Top Bottom