Feature phone Rs 3-4k

yellowros3

Right off the assembly line
Hello!

I'll be buying a smartphone in a few months. Till then I am looking for a simple phone @ Rs 3-4k which I want to use for the time-being.

I read the Mobile Buying Guide (it's amazing!) but couldn't gather any trustworthy reviews for the models (tech-sites write mostly about smartphones these days, you know :)).

1. Budget?
Upto Rs 4k

2. Display type and size?
Any

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Any

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Not local Indian brands like Micromax, Lava and all please. I'll be using the phone for a short duration but I want it to last.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Any

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
I don't need the camera...any/none will do.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
The feature phone OS should handle the basic/common file formats - jpg, mp3

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Not required

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Nah

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
3 uses - calls, sms, music (no videos)

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
1. Nokia X2-02 (old phone + don't like its look)
2. Nokia Asha 200 & 202
(I liked menu key in 200 compared to resistive touchscreen of 202, but 202 looks better)
3. Nokia C2-03
4. Haven't looked much into Samsung phones, sorry

12. Any other info that you want to share
Bluetooth would be great.

Thank you.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Of all these i'll suggest Nokia X2-02 or C2-01. I have used C2-01 and the keypad felt really premium and feedback was good. From Samsung only mobile worth checking is Primo but cost 5k but have good camera & battery life. As you are ok with whatever camera it has, check between C2-01 and X2-02. avoid all sort of touchscreen under 5k. Most are crap and slow.

OP
Y

yellowros3

Right off the assembly line
Thank you for your replies. :)

Yes, I agree resistive touchscreens are crap, specially in this price range and Nokia's UI is better navigated via 4 or 5 way navigation button (the reason I drifted towards Asha 200 from 202).

I trust Nokia more in feature-phone segment, and I'm considering C2-01 and white Asha 200. Asha is newer compared to C2-01 but has less RAM and some people are saying Asha 200 hangs a lot compared to C2-01. Both QWERTY and numpad keyboards are fine with me, so please rate them on their performance, battery backup, durability and ease of UI.

Also, both support USB, so will it be possible to use them as USB Mass Storage devices, i.e. transfer stuff via a USB cable? Or will I have to use a card reader?

Top Bottom