FarCry 2 Will be DX 10.1..AMD releases hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitash

Intel OCer
Our sources have just confirmed that Far Cry 2 will be a DirectX 10.1 game. We know that Nvidia has its eye on this game and that it likes it as much as it liked the original Crysis back in October 2007, but they couldn't convince the developer to add the DirectX 10.1 support.
ATI will shortly release a hotfix driver that should boost the performance of this game on Radeon HD 4870 X2 significantly, and our sources are confident that this driver should be enough to beat Geforce GTX 280 in this game.

The game should launch on Tuesday in North America and on Friday in Europe, although some of the press already got their hands on this savannah shooter. DirectX 10.1 support in such a significant title is a great victory for ATI and we wonder if this implementation will give ATI some additional performance over Nvidia’s DirectX 10 supporting the GT200 family.
Source: *www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9992&Itemid=1

EDIT: The new Hotfix drivers for DX 10.1 and farcry 2 are out...download them here
*support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=38664

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
seems like i just got my 4870 in the nick of time.
wud love to see how my all AMD_ATi rig performs with this game.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Disappointment for me and even bigger problem that i had to rma my motherboard just when this game was supposed to release.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^It was enabled in Catalyst 8.10 itself. So no biggie. For the people who have installed this, do we have to remove the Catalyst 8.10 driver first & then apply this or just run the setup & allow a overwrite?

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
^It was enabled in Catalyst 8.10 itself. So no biggie. For the people who have installed this, do we have to remove the Catalyst 8.10 driver first & then apply this or just run the setup & allow a overwrite?

i just installed catalyst 8.10 to an update of 8.6 , but i didnot remove the 8.6 driver completely , when i play crysis warhead the error message appears , that because , the catalyst 8.10 is bug???

i just heard that , farcry2 is not a crytek engine & farcry 2 is not much as graphics than crysis ???

is it true:D

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Lookie here, more DX 10.1 titles, although names not disclosed:::

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10027&Itemid=1

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
i just heard that , farcry2 is not a crytek engine & farcry 2 is not much as graphics than crysis ???
Farcry 2 is supposed to have better graphics and A much wider (50sq.km) terrain AFAIK..ant it uses the DUNIA engine

i just installed catalyst 8.10 to an update of 8.6 , but i didnot remove the 8.6 driver completely , when i play crysis warhead the error message appears , that because , the catalyst 8.1

Use Driver cleaner pro to completely remove all graphics drivers and then reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom