Far Cry 2 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Haven't been to Africa?..Don worry here cause here comes Africa to your Desktop.......Here comes Far Cry 2........

Release Date :- October 31, 2008

The next installment in the ground breaking exotic-non linear FPS series..........

Far Cry released in 2003 was a huge technical & game play achievement for Crytek. It won numerous awards, critically acclaimed, won the hearts of many hard-core gamers world-wide..........

Now developed by Ubisoft studios, Far Cry 2 is set in Africa,........Crytek is however not involved in the development of Far Cry 2 ( I think they r busy with Crysis 2 :D ). To make Far Cry 2 as realistic & exotic as possible, the Ubisoft soft dev team went to africa and they lived in Camps with the wild animals, they came back with dozens of hours of HD Videos and photographs of Africa to create this wonderful game......

Far Cry 2 will use a newly built Engine called 'Dunia' Engine.........

-> Gameplay area will be 50sq kms
-> Completely non-linear
-> Complete Day/Night Cycle
-> U have a map and a timer in your hands that u can use to navigate to
-> Encounter African wild animals

*image.gawker.com/assets/video/stills/f/farcry2.flv.jpg

*www.megatonik.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/far-cry-2.jpg

*www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/Sasha/far_cry_2_20080122085123195_640w_1.jpg

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
at what settings/resln. (estimate) a ati hd4850 or its equivalent card can play FC2, Crysis2... upcoming games ?

just wanted to know:))

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
at what settings/resln. (estimate) a ati hd4850 or its equivalent card can play FC2, Crysis2... upcoming games ?

just wanted to know:))

Far Cry 2 System Requirements:-

Minimum :-

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or P4 3.2Ghz
IGB RAM
12GB HDD
Nvidia 6800 or ATI 1650 or better

Recommended:-

AMD Phenom X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad
2GB RAM
12GB HDD
Nvidia 8600GTS or ATI X1900 or better

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Recommended:-

AMD Phenom X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad
2GB RAM
12GB HDD
Nvidia 8600GTS or ATI X1900 or better
that assures that FC2 will go flatout on ati hd 4850.
but at what resolution can similar setup play it at?
soon geeting a 20" LCD.(wide)

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
that assures that FC2 will go flatout on ati hd 4850.
but at what resolution can similar setup play it at?
soon geeting a 20" LCD.(wide)

I think the Dunia Engine won't be resource hungry as CryEngine 2, so if Crysis runs @ medium settings, then Crysis Warhead will run @ high-settings, then FC2 will also run @ high settings but at possibly higher res than Crysis.......

I think a single HD4850 can run Far Cry 2 @ high settings @ 1280x1024

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Environments in games like Crysis & S.T.A.L.K.E.R. pale in comparision to environments in Far Cry 2.............

check out this screenshot:-

*www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=942192&img=57&popup=1#view_full_size

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A complete African setup of FC2 would never come close to a Island based levels in Crysis.Mainly because of the vegetation & the detailed involved in that dense jungle.I am anxiously awaiting this game to release & judging from the new factors which are involved in the gameplay, I'd say it's going to be one hell of a title.Especially after having a beast of an AI in the original Far Cry this should be atleast upto the mark (if not better).:D

EDIT: To the OP, please reduce the size of the screenshot.It's making it difficult to post, not mention scrolling towards the side.Resize it to an acceptable limit.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I am in love this game and cant wait for October 31st. Thank God its releasing on that date coz my b'day is on 1st November and I plan to get a C2Q + Good mobo + 4GB RAM + The most VFM GPU at that time :D.

Hope I will play it @ high.

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
From an artistic & designer's point of view, Far Cry 2 is better than Crysis,COD4,Bioshock & Gears Of War.

Only S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has better environments & level deisgn than in Far Cry 2 :cool:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^True. But FarCry 2 will beat STALKER : Clear Sky to Oblivion with its grafix as I have played STALKER : CS's Russian Version. Just finished the download today morning and played for 15mins. but quit bcoz of Russian. :|

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Ya right. I ran it maxed (except AA) and it was fine @40FPS :|.

The gameplay is STALKER. Just played for 15mins.
Dunno much but looks impressive.

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
^^True. But FarCry 2 will beat STALKER : Clear Sky to Oblivion with its grafix as I have played STALKER : CS's Russian Version. Just finished the download today morning and played for 15mins. but quit bcoz of Russian. :|
*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/8large.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom