[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
any good software to take backup of the phones and apps and setting to pc before rooting and flashing the android phone

amjath

Human Spambot
any good software to take backup of the phones and apps and setting to pc before rooting and flashing the android phone
root ur phone use these apps for backing since they require root
titanium backup
my backup

the latter is very useful and easier than the former

ankush28

Bazinga
^simple take nandroid backup

this is required while flashing roms...
while rooting you device wont loose any data(in 99% cases)...

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
root ur phone use these apps for backing since they require root
titanium backup
my backup

the latter is very useful and easier than the former
Used both and bought both.

My fav was "My backup pro" till couple of months ago. But it failed to backup game data once and I moved to Titanium.

Titanium has more options and never failed for me.

amjath

Human Spambot
Used both and bought both.

My fav was "My backup pro" till couple of months ago. But it failed to backup game data once and I moved to Titanium.

Titanium has more options and never failed for me.
Same story but other way for me lol

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
it it only me or the WiFi management in Android is really stupid. I have two wifi routers in my house, one at ground floor and other in my room. it never switches between the most powerful signal. I do'nt get ground floor signal in my room. but the device wont switch to the router which is next to me automatically. I have to do it manually.

amjath

Human Spambot
it it only me or the WiFi management in Android is really stupid. I have two wifi routers in my house, one at ground floor and other in my room. it never switches between the most powerful signal. I do'nt get ground floor signal in my room. but the device wont switch to the router which is next to me automatically. I have to do it manually.

It's android but no worries there is app for that best wifi
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pintacdesign.bestwifi

amjath

Human Spambot
thanks.. but isn't this suppose to be a basic feature of an OS? :p

Yes it suppose to be. The more the voice is raised, this issue will be addressed by Google. Example swype was an app but Google added the same feature in its own keyboard. So same can be done.

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
thanks.. but isn't this suppose to be a basic feature of an OS? :p

Depends on the requirements for that feature. That auto switching feature might need more polling of networks & hence, more battery consumption, therefore becoming a bane for some devices rather than a boon to some.

Just saying. I aint Google :-D

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
any good app for photos collage maker, and with some effect like writing caption, memes, etc for android

anurag anand

Right off the assembly line
question

I have a Samsung galaxy y duos lite (gt s5302) I want to instal custom ROM but when I downloaded ROM manager to instal cwm it says that gts5302 is not supported.
So what can I do to instal cwm?
Thanks in advance

amjath

Human Spambot
Re: question

I have a Samsung galaxy y duos lite (gt s5302) I want to instal custom ROM but when I downloaded ROM manager to instal cwm it says that gts5302 is not supported.
So what can I do to instal cwm?
Thanks in advance

2.WIPE DATA,CACHE N DELVIC CACHE THROUGH CWM.
[CWM FOR OUR PHONE ISN'T AVAILABLE. SO YOU CAN USE THIS ONE BY MOO FOR GALAXY POCKET : [Clockworkmod] [KERNEL] [GT-S5300] vM00CWM/vM00Kernel - xda-developers
JellyDroid[Custom Rom For Galaxy Y Duos Lite GT S5302] - xda-developers

so try this
[Clockworkmod] [KERNEL] [GT-S5300] vM00CWM/vM00Kernel - xda-developers

sharathn29

Broken In
I am using Sony Xperia Tipo from past 1 year. I rooted my phone recently and I am trying to unlock the bootloader:

I am trying to unlock the bootloader with this procedure Instructions | Sony Xperia
Everything went fine till 11th step.

Acoording to the 12th step when i tried to connect the device in Fastboot mode my PC showed "Device Not Recognised"(it had shown like this when I tried before also). ok I just ignored it.

In the 13th step it says "On your computer, you will be asked for drivers" but I wasn't asked for any drivers. I mean any sort of Window popup asking for drivers(I don't know what should have happened at this step). But I proceeded to the next step.

According to the 14th step I opened the command window and went into the tools folder within the Android SDK folder.

According to 15th step i entered fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version but it shows "WAITING FOR DEVICE" in the Command Window. I got stuck here.

As Google has disabled driver singnature enforcement in Windows 8. I even checked whether ADB drivers were installed, it was installed, no problem with that.

So what might be the problem??Please someone reply ASAP

Top Bottom