FAO Ice Cream Sanwich users

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need to confirm a small thing.

1) Open a web browser and a web page. Let's say: www.thinkdigit.com/forum/. (Stock/Opera mobile/Dolphin.)
2) Press home button and change app to anything. (Twicca/Andchat or whatever)
3) Go back to the web browser and did the web page you had opened reload?

Did the page reload? yes or no?

TIA. :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Need to confirm a small thing.

1) Open a web browser and a web page. Let's say: www.thinkdigit.com/forum/. (Stock/Opera mobile/Dolphin.)
2) Press home button and change app to anything. (Twicca/Andchat or whatever)
3) Go back to the web browser and did the web page you had opened reload?

Did the page reload? yes or no?

TIA. :)

Multitasking is pretty good... but if you open more than 2 apps, then the page could reload... Sometimes you receive a phone call, and after talking for a few minutes, you go back to the page, and it reloads... Its not predictable. But mostly works... If my phone had more RAM, it might have been better...

Yes. It does.

Didn't use to happen in GB.

It worked on Gingerbread too... Works better on ICS though...

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Multitasking is pretty good... but if you open more than 2 apps, then the page could reload... Sometimes you receive a phone call, and after talking for a few minutes, you go back to the page, and it reloads... Its not predictable. But mostly works... If my phone had more RAM, it might have been better...

It worked on Gingerbread too... Works better on ICS though...
It was way way better in Gingerbread on my SGS2. Switching between numerous apps and page never reloaded. :(

I have tried CM9 nightly as well.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Nope tried with GB and ICS (LG P500 and Micromax Funbook), this thing was not there in GB (Untill you exit the browser, which is not multitasking / app switching)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
It was way way better in Gingerbread on my SGS2. Switching between numerous apps and page never reloaded. :(

I have tried CM9 nightly as well.

Maybe SGS2 ICS has some bugs left to be ironed out...

Check Settings >> Developer Options >> Background Process Limit

Experiment with it... Change from Standard limit to the highest limit available in the list... Reboot and test...

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
kk. Found the solution now. :p

Uncheck "Don't keep activities" from developer tools.

ty all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom