fanATIcs vs NVidiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
veer said:
Pricewatch has thousands of such links, they cant verify each and every link. Its the responsibility of the hardware website to report and correct their own links. Looks like you heard about Pricewatch for the first time and hence the apprehension.

Considering the X700 was launched recently, it will show up soon. You are one hell of an impatient guy. Nvidia 6600 started showing up in retail almost 2 months since they were officially launched, ATI took only 2 weeks. You are complaining on that ? Head over to HardOCP site and you'll find that X700 Pros are already available at BestBuy.

And that price of $250 is inflated. ATI's MSRP is $199, so those guys are violating that.

And please dont try to kid me, show me where I can find a BFG Nvidia 6800 for $250. I'm sure you'll try wriggle out of this now. :roll:

I'll take it by point by point.

I know about pricewatch much longer than you think. I dont go by them for all they do is show up adverts of other companies. Since they are not responsible for the ads put up, especially wrong info, then why would I wonder about credbility of any of them ? Till date froogle hasnt given me inaccurate info. So I'll go by that.

Since this convo didnt come up 2 months ago I'll take whats shown to me today. I can claim that nvidia is making a chipset based on the new PCI-E cards and will be available soon....its not available hence I wont take it into account. Its like waiting for half life 2...we all know the story...I'll believe it when i see it on the shelves.

I dont think questions with regards to my patience needs to be marked in public. If you want that can be taken offline. I am just posting facts. So stick to that.

X700 pro's are not in question. I am talking about the X700. X700 pro's prices are posted in pricewatch itself. So there is no comparisons talks here.

You can speculate what the violations are and so on I am only posting whats available in the market. Once again I reiterate lets stick to the facts.

As fas as ur BFG Nvidia 6800 for $250 question goes Here it is:

*www.outpost.com/product/4082672/

I suggest the next time u have the so called facts...back it up. b4 I post I certainly back everything up and till now I have. All u say is claims and blah blah....And also mate being passionate about things is ok as long as u dont let it get to u....

veer

Broken In
I know about pricewatch much longer than you think. I dont go by them for all they do is show up adverts of other companies. Since they are not responsible for the ads put up, especially wrong info, then why would I wonder about credbility of any of them ? Till date froogle hasnt given me inaccurate info. So I'll go by that.
Ha ha Froogle. Keep using it, I'm nobody to influence your personal preference in any way.

Since this convo didnt come up 2 months ago I'll take whats shown to me today. I can claim that nvidia is making a chipset based on the new PCI-E cards and will be available soon....its not available hence I wont take it into account. Its like waiting for half life 2...we all know the story...I'll believe it when i see it on the shelves.
Now you are trying to derail the whole argument.

It was not about availability but about price. You claimed that ATI cards were more expensive compared to Nvidia which as I already know is pure BS.

I dont think questions with regards to my patience needs to be marked in public. If you want that can be taken offline
You were trying to make an unfair comparision between 6600 & X700 series which only showed your impatience and bias.

I am just posting facts. So stick to that.
Facts ? Like WMDs in Iraq ? lol

As fas as ur BFG Nvidia 6800 for $250 question goes Here it is:

*www.outpost.com/product/4082672/
Nice. I wonder if its in stock.

I suggest the next time u have the so called facts...back it up. b4 I post I certainly back everything up and till now I have. All u say is claims and blah blah....And also mate being passionate about things is ok as long as u dont let it get to u....
Buddy, you are the one talking out of your imaginary world saying ATI cards are expensive than Nvidia cards. You have yet to come up with such proof to back that up.

I am not claiming anything. Its the other way around. As far as pointing out the news about the X800 SE, that source (X Bit Labs) has been proven correct time & again. I never doubt them.

G

gxsaurav

Now it is Veer(smells like ANDEX) vs everyone else on money

Does it matters what the Price is, it is not the price of India

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
Now it is Veer(smells like ANDEX) vs everyone else on money
Another one of your cheap accusations without any proof to back that up. I think I'll report this to mods myself and let them decide about it. :roll:

gxsaurav said:
Does it matters what the Price is, it is not the price of India
Yes, price matters. In some situations, it matters the most. I dont know what you mean by "price of India", what was that ? :shock:

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
simple the price in India is higher then it's $ counterpart
Thats not ATI's fault, the retailers price it higher.

Also its also got to do with the fact that Nvidia has been around longer than ATI and has a had a longer relationship with them. Same as Intel has more trust of the retailers than AMD.

G

gxsaurav

Lets see, not the fault of ATI, well then they have a very lousy Marketing team

veer

Broken In
gxsaurav said:
Lets see, not the fault of ATI, well then they have a very lousy Marketing team
They dont prefer to spread propaganda against their competitors first, in that sense YES ! they are lousy. ;)

demoninside

In the zone
Come on first
anidex vs gx
now gx vs veer
over this sh*t here
come on r u guys get some from these componies then give me some nd i'll also help u out :lol:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
hmm......i havent seen any personal rebukes, or attacks frm veer so i dont have any reasons to believe that veer is getting personal against Gx. But seriously guys aren't you tired of all this ! Stop being such FanBois (i know its hard but do try) and stop this un-ending debate once and for all ! Its grown 12 pages long ................

demoninside

In the zone
blade_runner said:
hmm......i havent seen any personal rebukes, or attacks frm veer so i dont have any reasons to believe that veer is getting personal against Gx. But seriously guys aren't you tired of all this ! Stop being such FanBois (i know its hard but do try) and stop this un-ending debate once and for all ! Its grown 12 pages long ................
same thinking here too m8, r u not tired by this

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I hardly consider myself a fanboy...I like both Nvidia and ATI. The past 5 systems I have assembled has been with the Raedon cards. And those people have been very happy with it. I was purely litigting what is available and what is not. Great that ATI has those cards but if it isnt available in the market easily then whats the use ? Thats all I am coming down to.

Anyways I am getting my BFG NVIDIA 6800 card tomm. And I got it ordered from the very same site that I pasted earlier. And with this I will end my two bits. Like I said being passionate about something is good. But being over zealous about something like this...well...that aint me...and I'll rest with that...peace!

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
guyz anybody miss me??...
lolz.. most o may hate me 4 being the starter o this thread.. but here comes more..

i met a guy who works in Ati..his name is Anil srivatsav.. he writes embedded code 4 memory management..n some co-processor.

the point is.. ATI's motto is not as much business as perf.. these guys r pure geeks..u know the funny part..they don't have a marketing team..only distribution n accts guyz..the ads n graphics r done by CODERS.. even site maintenance is done by them.. that explains a lotta things... i got a few hints on what is next.. xpect a 512mb..ddr3..pci-e card using all 16x of memory... 1gb card is in pipe.. LOI stage.. it can transfer ram 2 appz when needed..tryin 2 go 2 48 bit color precision ..4 graphics work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom