Fallout 3

gameranand

Living to Play
Hmm.. say i run it without the saves and it runs without crashing. Then i put back the saves.

What would that indicate or fix?

That would indicate game is working fine. If it doesn't means that game has problems as game should run without saves as well and give a New Game option on the main screen like rest of the games. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
That would indicate game is working fine. If it doesn't means that game has problems as game should run without saves as well and give a New Game option on the main screen like rest of the games. :)

Fallout 3 as well as New Vegas have never crashed on my system.

How many mods do you have ?

okay so i was using fose and fomm, right?

i was already running fallout3.exe in compatibility mode, win xp sp3, as per suggestions. further, today i went in and decided to run fose.exe on the same compatibility mode.

BAM!!

no crashes. played a couple of hours with plenty of fast travel, loading, autosaving. but no crashes.

:D

still using fellout+brighter nights+autosave mod.
[MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] : if it crashes anymore, i will try out your fix.

axes2t2

I am a cat
i definitely will once i am sure the crashing is cured for good. :D

can you suggest some texture mods?? i saw NMC is good.

Yup,NMC will work just fine for you.

Also,how far are you into this game ?

Anyone else playing it ?

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yup,NMC will work just fine for you.

Also,how far are you into this game ?

Anyone else playing it ?

im a level 3 sentinel. right now delivering lucy's message after discovering megaton. discovered arefu.

no. guess its just me.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
On the Steam page for Fallout 3 there is a message that its not optimized for Windows 7. Probably that's why it crashes.

Try compatibility mode and see.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
im getting crashes when i launch game via FOMM/FOSE.

none when i use the core FO3.exe.

but the funny part is, all the mods are also loading up fine without fose/fomm

gameranand

Living to Play
im getting crashes when i launch game via FOMM/FOSE.

none when i use the core FO3.exe.

but the funny part is, all the mods are also loading up fine without fose/fomm

Yeah they do load. FOMM and FOSE are basically used for mod management when you have installed like 100 mods and modify their load order. For less amount of mods normal modding works just fine as well. :)

Top Bottom