Eyewear discussion generals

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Re: Post your latest Purchase

Today I went ahead and ordered Carl Zeiss lenses for my old frame to use as a backup.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Re: Post your latest Purchase

I have power in my eyes from birth, I started wearing glasses when I was 4 I think, I used to change glasses every 4-6 years(my powers never increase), and all below 1k with basic glasses, I bought my first fiber lens, aka the Crizal A2 before joining my job, parents decided I needed a good specs to look sharp :p

My power increases from .5 to 1.5 in past 10 years. :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I bought Gunnar Wi-Five model last year for ~4k. Framed glasses won't give me the seamless view. It breaks the reality.

It sure does attract undue attention if used in office due to the distinct yellow tint.

Don't use any glasses now. I just don't like the feel of anything holding on to my nose and ears. May be contact lens will be less repulsive.

tkin

Back to school!!
I bought Gunnar Wi-Five model last year for ~4k. Framed glasses won't give me the seamless view. It breaks the reality.

It sure does attract undue attention if used in office due to the distinct yellow tint.

Don't use any glasses now. I just don't like the feel of anything holding on to my nose and ears. May be contact lens will be less repulsive.
Yellow tint would surely be a bother for me, tried a photochromatic lens once, it was a nightmare due to the tint.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Great, who ever split the thread, have done a great job. :thumbs:

Anyway, I am wearing glassess for more than 10 years. No I want to go for contact lenses. I have different powers in both the eyes, one is like -5 , another is like -2. So do you suggest using contact lenses, if yes which brand should I go for?

tkin

Back to school!!
Great, who ever split the thread, have done a great job. :thumbs:

Anyway, I am wearing glassess for more than 10 years. No I want to go for contact lenses. I have different powers in both the eyes, one is like -5 , another is like -2. So do you suggest using contact lenses, if yes which brand should I go for?
Contact lenses are a hassle, always carry the damn case filled with solution(problem for guys), always carry a bottle of solution when going for a trip, carry extras if its short term use models, be careful when rubbing eyes, or splashing with waters, or when a dust particle gets in your eyes and you have to wash it, have to take them off when sleeping, very troublesome.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Polarized polarized polarized.

Way to go.

Polarized glasses cause computer screens to look dark when viewing from the sides.
Trash for indoor use.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't use contact lenses(I think plastic ones) when cooking or near camp fires, they may melt and then permanently blind you.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Don't use contact lenses(I think plastic ones) when cooking or near camp fires, they may melt and then permanently blind you.

been wearing contact lenses for past 6 years, been around various fires and cooked a lot, never had a melted lens and got blinded. In fact at the temps required to melt a contact lens, your eyeballs and your skin will burn up before the lens melts

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Contact lenses are a hassle, always carry the damn case filled with solution(problem for guys), always carry a bottle of solution when going for a trip, carry extras if its short term use models, be careful when rubbing eyes, or splashing with waters, or when a dust particle gets in your eyes and you have to wash it, have to take them off when sleeping, very troublesome.

Hmm.. thats lot of heck. But In summer wearing specs is too much irritating. Frames become hot, sweating. Even I cannot use sunglasses.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmm.. thats lot of heck. But In summer wearing specs is too much irritating. Frames become hot, sweating. Even I cannot use sunglasses.
Get a polycarbonate frame, I have one and even in Hyderabad's heat(may-june) it didn't give me much issue. I also have a wayfarer sunglass which doesn't get hot as the frame is non metallic. Aviators suck as they always come with metallic frames.

Gollum

Collector
i have titan eye+
yes gollum has glasses
no he does not have high power glasses but wears them to look intelligent

serious note. I wear over the ear headphones while watching movies and it gets really painful due to the pressure the headphones apply on the ears. can you guys suggest a frame that is not so thick at the ear.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Polarized glasses cause computer screens to look dark when viewing from the sides.
Trash for indoor use.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, polarised lenses are ALWAYS dark tinted.
WHY would someone were dark tint glasses indoors? would you were those rayban aviators indoors??

:lol: i never knew contact lenses were that bad plastic...

- - - Updated - - -

been wearing contact lenses for past 6 years, been around various fires and cooked a lot, never had a melted lens and got blinded. In fact at the temps required to melt a contact lens, your eyeballs and your skin will burn up before the lens melts

:lol: [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

*www.hbutz.com/wwwboard/messages/201.html

good link. thanks!

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
FYI, polarised lenses are ALWAYS dark tinted.
WHY would someone were dark tint glasses indoors? would you were those rayban aviators indoors??

:lol: i never knew contact lenses were that bad plastic...

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

good link. thanks!

Apparently it was a facebook hoax. Search contact lenses melting into eye in google.

A detailed webpage:

*www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/prevention/contact_len.html

I am perfectly happy with a pair of glasses, never gonna wear contact lenses anyway.

Top Bottom